Catalyst app throws error in Big Sur beta 6 when trying to start from Xcode beta 6

When I try to start catalyst app in Big Sur B6, this error is immediately throw. Tested two differing apps on two differing Macs.

The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -10670.)
Domain: NSOSStatusErrorDomain
Code: -10670
User Info: {
  "LSFunction" = "LSOpenStuffCallLocal";
  "_LSLine" = 3664;
}
  • -System InformationmacOS Version 11.0 (Build 20A5364e)

Xcode 12.0 (17210.1)

Accepted Reply

Welp, I guess I should have checked the release notes first.

You’re currently unable to launch Mac Catalyst and iOS apps using Xcode. (67356581)

Very curious decision by Apple here.

I guess another version of Xcode to be released?

Replies

Getting the same error when running in Mac. But, running in iOS simulator works fine 😩
Welp, I guess I should have checked the release notes first.

You’re currently unable to launch Mac Catalyst and iOS apps using Xcode. (67356581)

Very curious decision by Apple here.

I guess another version of Xcode to be released?
I figured out how to launch catalyst apps anyways. Don't think you get any profiling but at least they can be run.

Build without launching and then go to the path below in the Finder and launch the app manually

~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/<App>/Build/Products/Debug-maccatalyst/<App.app>
Add a Comment
I can confirm the issue with Catalyst apps - thanks to @tommarmstong for the excellent workaround. iOS simulators launch without issues.
Same here, iOS apps work. Even native macOS apps are fine. Only catalyst stuff is affected. I also opened an issue through Feedback Assistant app.
Thanks for the suggestion with manual launch! 👌
I'm surprised that more than a week has gone by with no update for this. Hopefully someone will correct me, but I haven't seen any Big Sur or Xcode updates. Quite frustrating.
I’m not sure if this applies/applied to 12.0 but I got my Catalyst app running by running it as root on Xcode 12.2 beta 2 (12B5025f). (Edit scheme, select Run action, open Info tab, select “Debug Process as: root”)