Trackpad click not working

I installed Big Sur a few days ago, today i woke up to see my trackpad click is not working. The other functions of trackpad are working normal like the gestures etc but cant click, left and right click also not working. Tried using an external usb mouse but only the right click works not the left (main) click. Any suggestions or inputs as to why this is happening? Any way to resolve this?
Have you checked all the mouse and tracks settings ?

Did you try reboot the Mac ?
I have the same issue with official "Big Sur" on a MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014).
All positions: cursor, pointer and clicks are misconfigured. It is impossible to use my mac.
I have the same issue MacBook Pro late 2016 Edition. Installed the official update.
I have the same problem since updating to Big Sur. It only happens when I close the lid without shutting down the Mac. When I open up the lid again, everything works fine except the trackpad. Moving the courser is possible, but clicking doesn't work at all. The way to fix it is to manually shut down the computer by pressing and holding down the power button. It is a really annoying problem!!!
I have had the same issues. The trackpad works but it seems it cannot be pressed. Is anyone in Apple listening?
Had a similar problem , even more weird, cause the click did not work on some parts of the screen, but worked on other. Fixed it by uninstall an Logitech Mouse driver package and a 3Dconnexion driver package. Maybe this helps.
Same issue on my side with the trackpad "clicking" not working properly after updating to Big Sur on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017). All Trackpad settings are accurate. Every so often the trackpad "click" will start to work perfectly, and then will instantly stop for no reason, and will stay that way for quite some time. Hopefully this software bug gets corrected immediately.
Same here on an iMac Pro. Trackpad works for everything but the main click. It is happening daily now and only thing I can do is reboot to fix the issue. Apple please help.
Same problem here, Macbook pro 16 inch. Updated to Big Sur a couple of weeks back and now, sometimes when I wake my Macbook from sleep, the primary click isnt doing anything. Not from the trackpad neither from an external mouse, either connected via usb or via bluetooth. Seems like something that should be fixed on the double.
Same problem. MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020), click right and left of trackpad doesn't work and block all. I noted it's happen when I exit from the stop....Please fix this
Same issue on my side, I've installed Big Sur last week on a MacBook Air (13-inch, 2015) and since yesterday the trackpad "click" does not work anymore. To login to my MacBook Air, I need an external mouse.
Same thing happened to me. My trackpad didnt work I had to use a mouse but I got it working. The problem is I sometimes use a software that autoclicks each certain time so my mac doesnt turn off, that software doesnt work on Big Sur.
I do also have a problem with the trackpad after installing Big Sur. For the most time my trackpad (Macbook Pro 13" 2020) works fine, but clicking stops working in the open file modal. It's very frustrating.
I called in this issue with the Apple helpdesk. She had me log in to safe mode, then reboot. Since then the issue hasn't reocurred. So try this!
Same issue, started today. Reboot fixes it but only for 20 minutes! Please help.
Same problem here, MBP 15 2019 with Big Sur Version 11.1
Annoying and troublesome.
Same here. Since today. Big Sur is not stable at all. And really annoying issue
I was having the same issue after installing Big Sur. I solved it by doing the following:

Change Double Click speed to normal speed. Follow this step, Apple logo from top Mac Menu > System Preferences > Accessibility> Mouse & Trackpad > Now Change Double Click speed to normal on the slider.

Auto Disable or ignore Built-In Trackpad or Mouse when connecting to External or Third-Party Accessories. The last checkbox option is for Auto disable while using an external Trackpad or mouse. Uncheck “Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present“.
Still having this issue? I've had (I think) the same problem since Big Sur, too. Left-click, only, quits working. I can right-click and move the pointer. Just can't click. Happens once to twice every day or two. I have to use the keyboard to reboot to correct it. I've reset PRAM and SMC and booted into and back out of Safe mode. No difference. So, this is what I've done and am doing next, partly due to conversation with Apple. First, I noticed via Activity Monitor that a couple apps weren't behaving well under Big Sur. Tenor GIF keyboard was using 10% CPU while doing nothing. Webex Teams was not allowing my Mac to sleep. Stopped both of those from loading automatically. If it happens again, I'm going to stay in Safe mode for an extended period to see if it happens. Recommend keeping an eye on Activity Monitor to see if anything seems unusual. I'll report back with results.
Same problem here.

Macbook Pro 13 - 2020 - 4 thunderbolt
I have the same problem with the Magic Trackpad 2 since installing Big Sur. It still works but will not click. I've tried the usual fixes - safe mode, PRAM reset etc, but no joy.
same problem here...!
MabookAir 13 - 2020
Same problem here. Smh 🤦🏻
Reliable workaround, but no fix: As soon as you CONNECT A SECOND SCREEN via Thunderbolt, the trackpad click issue magically disappears.
This is really atrocious. I didn't pay $5000 for a MacBook for the trackpad to stop clicking when a new OS version is released.

It's not constant, but regularly seems like the last click didn't end and subsequent clicks are interrupted as a result. You have to mess around with it and click several times to unstick it.

Really messes up my workflow.
Trackpad click not working

Q