No calls on Apple Watch after using CarPlay

Good evening everyone!

After using CarPlay, my Apple Watch (5) no longer rings when someone calls.

My iPhone 📱 11 Pro Max rings normally.

Other devices (iPad and MacBook) do not ring either.

After a restart, it works again on all devices or, alternatively, when I manually disconnect CarPlay.

I use Wireless CarPlay.

Does anyone else have the problem?

Replies

You have to restart your iphone each time after getting out of the car, untill apple finds out how to fix this issue. Sorry.
I have had this issue ever since I started using wireless car play. Yes a reboot of both phone and watch fix the issue BUT come on Apple you need to get this sorted!
I have the same problem. Using iOS beta 14.5 and WatchOS beta 7.4

Hope for a fix soon :)
I have same issue with BMW 2017 Apple car play.
TODAY, the issue has been solved and now I'm able to receive the calls with my Apple Watch 6 series (Nike edition).
I did no thing from myside, (even no restart). i will be verifying with coming couple of days to make sure the issue is solved completely.

currently I'm running IOS 14.4
Sorry, apologies.
The issue still exists.
After updating to public beta 14.5 beta 2 and WatchOs 7.4 beta 2 it seems like it has finally been solved. I just installed both, called my phone, all was fine. Went out to my car and connected CarPlay, then back inside and called my phone again - and it still works!! So I hope it wasn't just a lucky moment, but keeps working :)
Yes!!! Seems to be fixed in latest betas!!
After updating both my phone and watch with the latest beta updates, it seems like its been fixed. Hope I didn't jinx it but today and yesterday i've had no issues
iOS 14.5 beta2 + watchOS 7.4 beta2 - issue resolved!
They FINALLY fixed it!! only took 6 months lol
After months of dealing with this issue, 14.5 beta 2 seems to have it resolved. Haven’t tested thoroughly, but was able to connect to wireless CarPlay, then receive a call on my watch after I was out of the car and disconnected from CarPlay. I did not install any beta software on my watch. Finally, the primary reason I got the watch returns.
I can confirm that this is FINALLY FIXED with the new IOS 14.5 beta as well as the apple watch OS beta. I have been dealing with this annoyance for so long now I just got used to not getting phone calls on my watch. But no more!! Do yourself a favor, don't wait for the release just sign up to download the beta IOS on both your phone and watch and you will be back to your happy apple-loving self!
Does downloading the beta visions affect the warranty and can i say it is a massive relief that im not the only one having this issue.

6 months now !!
Yeah two solutions keep restarting your
phone or download a beta version there has been reports that it hass solved the issue, so next update should fix the issue
Have the same issue even to this date, apple does not seem to resolve this issue when I am using iOS14.2.2. My devices are iPhone 12 Pro and Apple Watch 4, can we sign a petition to apple to resolve this issue?