No calls on Apple Watch after using CarPlay

Good evening everyone!

After using CarPlay, my Apple Watch (5) no longer rings when someone calls.

My iPhone 📱 11 Pro Max rings normally.

Other devices (iPad and MacBook) do not ring either.

After a restart, it works again on all devices or, alternatively, when I manually disconnect CarPlay.

I use Wireless CarPlay.

Does anyone else have the problem?

Replies

Same for me: PROBLEM NOT SOLVED
Just updated to iOS 14.4 and WatchOS 7.3

iPhone 11
Apple Watch 4
I followed advice of Kap75 and re-paired carplay (i.e. delete your car from bluetooth settings of your phone and delete your phone from settings of your car; then link them again).
The same didn't produce a fix on 14.1 or 14.2, but with 14.4 ... it works just fine after several days and multiple carplay use. Try this too.
No luck. I tried and re-paired with 14.4 but didn't work at all.
I first reported this to Apple at the end of Aug 2020 and have since spent hours on the phone to them about this over a period of 4 months. They even replaced my watch at one point and the problem still occurred. I told them the issue was the link to car play and the watch/phone but they had me test lots of other things and report back but never tested the car play.
Then just before Christmas they told me they were aware of the issue and the link to car play and developers were looking at it and an update would follow. They thanked me for all my time trialing things for them.
This has become even more apparent in recent weeks when I have only drove the car once a week (lockdown) the watch works all week and stops working once I have been out in car. The only way to reset is to turn both the watch and the phone off and on again.
The latest update 14.4 for phone and 7.3 for watch has not solved this problem.
I drive a Mini Cooper SD.
The same issue, iPhone 12 iOS 14.4, watchOS 7.3, BMW 328 2017 wireless CarPlay
I'm testing iOS 14.5 and WatchOS 7.4 beta 1, and problem it's not fixed...
Guys i updated my watch to 7.3 and IOS to 14.4 and the issue still hasn't been fixed, but i found a much quicker temporarily fix rather than restarting the phone. Simply turn on airplane mode on the iphone then turn it back off. its been working for me. Hopefully apple fixes the issue soon.
Im using iPhone 12 pro max, watch series 5, in a 2019 bmw 440i
Updated my iPhone 12 to iOs 14.5 beta+ Apple watch 7.4 beta, the problem is still present.

Airplane mode on/off - doesn't work for me, as well as repairing the phone with the car

Really disappointed
Airplane mode on/off doesn't work for me. I tried it in all iOS versions since iOS14.
Sorry airplane mode doesnt fix the issue. My apple watch started taking calls without restarting the phone the other day, thought that worked but it doesnt
Same issue here.

Apple Watch Series 5 Ver. 7.3
BMW X1 running wireless CarPlay
iPhone 12 Pro Max

Tried hard resetting the watch, unpairing and repairing...nada.
I have the exact same problem, have had for a while now. No Apple software updates have fixed the issue for a year now. The only thing remedying this is a reboot of both devices after leaving the car: meaning I'll reboot my devices multiple times a day, at the worst.

A friend who occasionally borrows the car isn't affected by this. The only major difference with the phone setups is that my hardware mute button is on constantly, as I rely on the Apple Watch to notify on incoming calls.

I drive a Mini Countryman SE. Based on earlier readings this is thought to be purely BMW-related, affecting then Minis as well.
Same exact problem here. Only difference is I DO NOT have a BMW. I have an aftermarket Alpine radio (ilx-107) with wireless CarPlay. It has been going on sometime and I have upgraded both my phone and watch (at different times) since and still exists.
I have a iPhone 12 mini + Apple Watch 6.

After I used the Car Play, my Apple Watch doesn’t receive the incoming calls.

I resolve the problem with the reboot my iPhone.

When Apple will fix this issue??
Same problem here. VW Passat 2020, wireless carplay. After disconnect, watch does not show me incomming calls. Anybody has some solution for it?

Iphone 12 Pro
Apple Watch 3series