Switch Control Testing on AppleTV

Is there a way to test Switch Control on AppleTV without a dedicated Switch device? iOS can be configure so a tap anywhere on the screen produces a switch click response, but I don't see that capability in tvOS.
Answered by in 628303022
There's nothing analogous to the screen switch that exists on iOS, however you shouldn't need specialized hardware to test switch control. Something as simple as a bluetooth keyboard can be paired and used for Switch Control testing. Simply pair the keyboard, and then when you go to add an external switch in Switch Control settings, press any key on the keyboard. Each keyboard key can be assigned to its own switch action.
Accepted Answer
There's nothing analogous to the screen switch that exists on iOS, however you shouldn't need specialized hardware to test switch control. Something as simple as a bluetooth keyboard can be paired and used for Switch Control testing. Simply pair the keyboard, and then when you go to add an external switch in Switch Control settings, press any key on the keyboard. Each keyboard key can be assigned to its own switch action.
Thanks.
Would you expect the buttons on a PS4 Dualshock controller to be usable as switches?
I paired one to the AppleTV, but "Activate your external switch" doesn't detect any button presses.
I picked up a BT keyboard and it's working for Switch testing. I've also submitted feedback FB8481108 suggesting game controller buttons to be usable as switches. Thanks.
Switch Control Testing on AppleTV

Q