Do background upload tasks have the same rate limiter as download tasks?

The Apple documentation for background downloads contains this paragraph:

Use Background Sessions Efficiently
When the system resumes or relaunches your app, it uses a rate limiter to prevent abuse of background downloads. When your app starts a new download task while in the background, the task doesn't begin until the delay expires. The delay increases each time the system resumes or relaunches your app.
As a result, if your app starts a single background download, gets resumed when the download completes, and then starts a new download, it will greatly increase the delay. Instead, use a small number of background sessions — ideally just one — and use these sessions to start many download tasks at once. This allows the system to perform multiple downloads at once, and resume your app when they have completed.

My question is, if I'm using the background task for uploads, does the same rate limitation apply?

David

if I'm using the background task for uploads, does the same rate
limitation apply?

Yes. The rate limiter is based on how often the system resumes (or relaunches) your app in the background to handle session events. It does not distinguish between the various causes of those events.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
Do background upload tasks have the same rate limiter as download tasks?

Q