Problem with xcrun altool - CFURLRequestSetHTTPCookieStorageAcceptPolicy_block_invoke

This thread has been locked by a moderator.
I am trying to use xcrun altool.
Here is the cli command:

/usr/bin/xcrun altool  --list-providers -u “APPLEIDDEVACCOUNT” -p “APPPASSWORD”

No matter what I try - application created password or actual password for the account I get the following.
Not sure what is going on. Thanks

CFURLRequestSetHTTPCookieStorageAcceptPolicy
block_invoke: no longer implemented and should not be called

2020-08-12 07:36:01.064 altool[8552:289303] * Error: Failed to retrieve providers info.

2020-08-12 07:36:01.064 altool[8552:289303]
* Error: code -1011 (Failed to authenticate for session: (

"Error Domain=ITunesConnectionAuthenticationErrorDomain Code=-20101 \"Your Apple ID or password was entered incorrectly.\" UserInfo={NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Your Apple ID or password was entered incorrectly., NSLocalizedDescription=Your Apple ID or password was entered incorrectly., NSLocalizedFailureReason=App Store operation failed.}"

) Unable to list providers.)
Up vote post of randomizer
10k views

Replies

Here is the cli command:

The --list-providers command is a good place to start. I’ve helped a number of developers with problems like this and they usually boil down to:
  • They’re not specifying their app-specific password correctly. For testing purposes, I generally leave off the -p and just have altool prompt me for the password.

• They have some weird network issue. A good option here is to retry on a different network (if you’re at home, try work; if you’re at work, try home; if you’re locked down due to a global pandemic, set up Personal Hotspot on your iPhone so you can do it over WWAN).

Oh, one other thing: The example you posted has curly quotes. I’m hoping that’s an artefact of the way you authored this post, but curly quotes don’t work in the shell.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
Thanks Quinn. Since the post, I've contacted Developer support and they couldn't help me. We found out that one of the "teams" I am associated with (not my individual account) is deactivated. Maybe that has something to do with it?
But I have tried what you said and it still says the same thing.
I've tried with 2 different networks. All I need is my shortname for my appleID so I can notarize files.
I've opened a DTS case. Something is wrong. Hopefully it's simple.
Thanks again.

"Error Domain=ITunesConnectionAuthenticationErrorDomain Code=-20101 \"Your Apple ID or password was entered incorrectly.\" UserInfo={NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Your Apple ID or password was entered incorrectly., NSLocalizedDescription=Your Apple ID or password was entered incorrectly., NSLocalizedFailureReason=App Store operation failed.}"

) Unable to list providers.)
I just found out that my DTS incident was not submitted. I fill out everything and never get an acknowledgment from the DTS email like I used to get. As a result, I am totally stuck on this.
Thanks
OK I can't believe this was the problem. In every single example I see, the password, user name etc... are all in quotes.
I removed all quotes and it worked. What????
Is this the way it's supposed to work?

Is this the way it's supposed to work?

The shell should remove quotes before passing the argument to the tool. The one thing you have to watch out for is curly quotes. Consider this:

Code Block
% echo "test"
test
% echo “test”
“test”

Share and Enjoy

Thank you. I converted the curly quotes to plain text but apparently that is not enough.
Thank you for the help!
Hi

Were you able to fix the CFURLRequestSetHTTPCookieStorageAcceptPolicyblock_invoke issue?

regards

MB
I get this error on M1 using Big Sur: no quotes. As suggested, I did this without -p and entering the correct password is accepted, but I still get this error....

Code Block
xcrun altool --notarize-app -t osx --file mydmg.dmg --primary-bundle-id com.mydomain.mySoftware -u myemail@myu.edu
myemail@myu.edu's password:
2020-11-26 07:56:05.092 altool[31245:301096] CFURLRequestSetHTTPCookieStorageAcceptPolicy_block_invoke: no longer implemented and should not be called
No errors uploading 'mydmg.dmg'.
RequestUUID = d5c46e28-cbbd-44f5-802a-12112c3d81***

CFURLRequestSetHTTPCookieStorageAcceptPolicyblock_invoke: no longer implemented and should not be called
is an erronious error message. I get it no matter what I do with altool on big sur, whether my operation succeeds or not.

It did however mess up my build scripts as I was relying on something like this to pipe the output to a file to then scan for the outcome.
xcrun altool --notarize-app --primary-bundle-id com.ursadsp.pkg.Lagrange --username "email@example.com" --password "@keychain:Plugin Notarization Password" -f ./installer/build/Lagrange.pkg --output-format xml &> ./installer/build/notarize-app.xml
The solution was to drop the & before the > as that extra message is sent to stderr not stdout.
We are also getting this error. It has shut down our publishing business. We are NOT on a strange network. The same script on the same network recently stopped working. We tried --list-providers and it shows no problems.

xcrun altool --notarize-app --primary-bundle-id "????" --username "????" --password "????" --file "????"

2020-12-24 12:24:48.948 altool[10772:448247] CFURLRequestSetHTTPCookieStorageAcceptPolicyblockinvoke: no longer implemented and should not be called
I have exactly the same problem as crlab reported.

I get this error:

CFURLRequestSetHTTPCookieStorageAcceptPolicyblockinvoke: no longer implemented and should not be called

and I don't use quotas:

Code Block
xcrun altool --notarize-app --primary-bundle-id XXXXX -u my@email.com -p MYPASS --file my.dmg

Intel Mac or M1 Mac. Both with Big Sur 11.1
Having worked with a number of developers with altool issues, I can assure you that the CFURLRequestSetHTTPCookieStorageAcceptPolicyblock_invoke message is log noise. Are you having problems other than that message? If so, what did you see when you ran the --list-providers test (per my first response on this thread)?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn,

Thanks for your reply.

I have no problem with notarization (it works) except of weird error about deprecated function in Terminal.

I tried to exclude -p and enter password on request from Terminal. The same message appears. I don't use any quotas.

Then I checked --list-providers as you suggested:

Code Block
xcrun altool --list-providers -u my@email.com -p mypassword

Code Block
2021-01-27 14:03:25.616 altool[22323:119084] CFURLRequestSetHTTPCookieStorageAcceptPolicy_block_invoke: no longer implemented and should not be called
ProviderName ProviderShortname PublicID WWDRTeamID
------------ ----------------- ------------------------------------ ----------
WnSoft LLC WnSoftLLC 69a6xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx XXXXXXXXXXXX

It would be nice if Apple could fix it to avoid confusion.

I have no problem with notarization (it works) except of weird error
about deprecated function in Terminal.

OK, cool.

It would be nice if Apple could fix it to avoid confusion.

Indeed. I’d appreciate you putting that feedback into a bug report. Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn,

I submitted a bug-report: FB8984202