MacOS application: How to become an identified developer?

Recently, I have notarized my MacOS application and then created an installer file i.e., .pkg file.

When I try to install it, says "Circuit Toos.pkg" cannot be opened because is is from an unidentified developer.

Can you please help me on how to solve this issue.
You already are an "identified developer". Your notarization attempt didn't work. I don't know why. There are a handful of very common reasons. The first step to solving this is recognizing that, whatever you are doing, you are doing wrong. Many people never get past that and get frustrated. But if you are willing to accept the possibility that you may have done something incorrectly, then you can lookup the documentation, find any one of dozens of identical posts, and follow the recommendations that so many others have rejected.
Did you really notarise the app, then build the package? Did you then sign and notarise the package? That’s required. If the user opens an unsigned or unnotarised package, you’ll see exactly this error.

In general we recommend that you sign everything, from the inside out, and then only notarise the outermost container. For more advice this subject, see my Signing a Mac Product For Distribution.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
I have notarised my app in this way
  1. Product > Archive > Distribute App > Deverloper ID > Upload

then after some time I got a notification saying your app got notarised and ready to distribute.

I then exported app and double clicked it and it works really well. But when I generate .pkg file then trying to install, it says "unidentified developer"

What should I do now? is there any step I am missing.

Your help is much appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Vishwanath

Notarizing a pkg is a different process than notarizing an app. Do you really need a pkg? If you can distribute a stand-alone zipped app, it is much easier to just export the app from the organizer, zip it, and upload it. You're done.

To notarize a pkg file, you'll have to use the altool on the command line.
Yes, generating the pkg file is important and I am generating the pkg file using productbuild "3rd Party Mac Developer Installer:" command.

Can you please let me know how to notarize pkg file using altool on the command line?

Many Thanks,

I am generating the pkg file using productbuild "3rd Party Mac Developer Installer:" command.

That is a Mac App Store signing identity. If you want to ship outside of the Mac App Store, you must sign your package with your Developer ID Installer signing identity.

For more on this and many other hints, see my Signing a Mac Product For Distribution post.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
MacOS application: How to become an identified developer?

Q