Where is "Use Location while in use" consent stored?

I'm porting my iPhone/iPad App to Mac Catalyst.

First time I ran it got "Use Location while in use" pop up,
gave consent. Next time I ran it - the consent is saved which is OK.

I want to delete all settings and test from scratch.

Deleted the folder in Library/Containers, derived data folder.

But these settings are stored somewhere else.

Where are they stored?

Replies

To reset the settings on macOS, you need the tccutil command. See Reset Authorization Access.
I have the same problem - what is service name for resetting the location permissions in macOS 11.1?

Is there a list with all the available service names?
You can reset permissions using the tccutil tool.

Apple would tell you which invocation of tccutil actually deals with Location, but then they would have to kill you.

Where are the "SERVICE" magic names documented anywhere that would allow us to actually use this, the sole tool for resetting such permissions data?

This is especially infuriating since Monterey fails silently, with no user feedback, rather than actually ask the user for the requested permission.

In a world that trains users to blindly click and approve consent alerts, there is an argument to be made here, but this behavior is not consistent with iOS or with previous (since when?) versions of macOS.

Where is the list of tccutil service names?

• Sorry for my irritation, but honestly this is very frustrating. It just feels broken and undocumented.

Currently, (Monterey 12.3.1 21E258), the only option for tccutil is reset. This can take a Bundle ID or bundle filename as its argument, but I can't find more than that.

There is some reference to resetting every permission, via tccutil reset All.

So I did that.

tccutil reset All results in no change whatsoever in the Location Services Preferences. I did notice a reset of the "Full Disk Access" permissions. Which are not at issue here; you can easily manage the Full Disk Access permissions in a way that seems to be expected behavior. If an app needs Full Disk Access, it can ask. The user may actually be prompted to add this permission. In the Full Disk Access preference sub-panel, you can add or remove items via the +/- control or by dragging an app onto the list to add it. You can remove an app from this list.

Looks very much to me as if there is some work to be done on the Security & Privacy Preferences pane for Location Services.

Add a Comment