AVPlayer doesn't work in app

Hello:

I am adding a video file to my MAC application. Before I create an archive, the video plays perfectly but when I run a copy of the archive, when I click on the button to start the video, NOTHING HAPPENS. No error message, Nothing. Any help to resolve this issue will be appreciated. Here is the code:

This code:

Code Block
@IBAction func AVSegue(_ sender: Any) {
let mainStoryboard = NSStoryboard(name: "Main", bundle: Bundle.main)
guard let avPlayerViewController = mainStoryboard.instantiateController (withIdentifier: "AVID") as?
AVPlayerViewController else {
print("Couldn't find viewController" )
        return
        }
presentAsModalWindow(avPlayerViewController)
  }

triggers the ViewController with the AV Player:

Code Block
import Cocoa
import AVKit
import AVFoundation
class AVPlayerViewController: NSViewController {
    @IBOutlet weak var playerView: AVPlayerView!
        override func viewDidLoad() { super.viewDidLoad()
            let url = URL(fileURLWithPath: Bundle.main.path(forResource:"SMRIntro",ofType: "mp4")!)
            let player = AVPlayer(url: url)
            playerView.player = player
            player.play()
          }
}

Replies

What are the values of AVPlayer.status and AVPlayer.error after you expect playback to have started?
The AVPlayer does not show at all. When I click on the link to trigger the segue to the AVPlayer Controller, I get absolutely no response. When I do the same with the run project in Xcode project the player loads and the video plays normally.
I discovered the reason for the video not playing: I did not include the AVKit.Framework in the link library.

Be sure to include the following in Link Library With Libraries(Build Phases)

AVKit.Framework

AVFoundation.Framework
Add a Comment

That fixed it for me too can't believe it was so simple (spent hours - new here!). Thanks.