iphone-ipad-minimum-performance-a12 fails installation on device?

Hi,

I'm building an ARKit app that requires BodyTracking which in turn requires an A12 chip. I though I'd use the iphone-ipad-minimum-performance-a12 device capability option to prevent the app from being used on incompatible devices.

However, adding the option fails XCode installations to my iPhone XS and latest iPad Pro with the message "<App name> requires the “iphone-ipad-minimum-performance-a12” capability which is not supported by <device>" when the XS and Pro are clearly A12 and above devices?

I require iOS 13.5 so it's not a too low iOS version causing it.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Kristoffer

Replies

I have a similar problem - if I try to upload an ipa with that tag in it, I get that it's incompatible with the minimumosverison of 13.x
Hey Kristoffer, could you ever solve this? I have the exact same problem and I am stuck.
Thanks!
Marc-André
Any update on this? I'm developing an app that requires multi camera recording, which is available only for A12 and superior devices and can't install on device with this requirement.
It appears that this setting is only valid for devices that have iOS 14 installed. I also was getting the failure to install, but after updating my iPad Pro to iOS 14, it now is able to install via XCode.