MacCatalyst and trailingSwipeActionsConfigurationForRowAt()

According to the documentation, trailingSwipeActionsConfigurationForRowAt() is supported for MacCatalyst, but I can't seem to get it to work there.

On iOS, my tableView has rows with detail accessories, so the user can (all without entering "editMode")
  • tap for more information

• swipe-left to delete

• swipe-right to edit (in some cases)

When running on the Mac via MacCatalyst, the swipe gestures do not seem to work and only clicks (i.e., to show detail) have any effect.

How can I retain the desired behavior?

Replies

I have a catalyst app and it works perfectly if you use two fingers on the trackpad to swipe in the cell. Don't click.
Ah, but if your Mac isn't equipped with a trackpad, a two-fingered swipe isn't possible. I think I'm going to need to implement a contextual menu or something like that.

Another possibility:
Since we need to add (for compatibility with common expectations of Mac UI) click-to-select + delete (or forward-delete) to delete a row, maybe a click-to-select + "something-else" to edit it. For cases where "edit" and "show detail" are similar, "something-else" might be return-key.

This was easier than i though. On my apple magic mouse all i had to do is swipe left or right after pointing at the cell without clicking on it.

You're absolutely right. I was trying to click-and-drag, which wasn't working. Definitely a case of pilot error on my part.