Cannot install Big Sur Beta 2

Whenever I run the software update pane, it tells me that it failed to check for updates.

I'm using MacOS Big Sur Beta 1.

Anyone else with the same issue?
Same issue here. Not sure release notes have been updated yet though, so maybe that'll give us some sort of information.
It started working for me just a moment ago.
Same issue here. Been trying for the past 80 mins..
"Download Failed" on one Mac, downloaded and installing on a second.
Ok, now it found the update. I will report if it worked properly.
I just noticed, since the download failed, Software Update now says "Updates for this mac are managed externally.". Anyone know how to fix it? My iMac Pro is not "managed".
I've been trying for a half hour, I keep getting "An error occurred while downloading the selected updates. Please check your internet connection and try again."

I found this in the Console but am not sure if it is relevant:
"The volume can not be used because it is not snapshot booted."
I think I fixed it, but I don't know exactly what part did the trick:
  1. reboot into recovery

2. first aid on system-disks

3. setting startup security to high

4. restarted into Big Sur and Update runs without any error

Booting to recovery and setting security to high and now I am able to download the update.
Booted to recovery mode, but system does not have a T2 chip so unable to set startup security to high. Restarted as normal and still "Unable to check for updates. No available updates found. Please try again later. [Running Big Sur Beta 1]
I tried to put all the issues with Big Sur Beta that had to do with download issues, install & availability all into one article.

https:// mrmacintosh.com/big-sur-beta-not-showing-up-in-software-update-troubleshooting/
Setting startup security to high worked for me
The fix for me was to visit Apples Developer Downloads page, download and then install, actually re-install, the beta "Profile". After that reinstall, I did a Check for Update and, voila, I no longer get Unable to check for updates – No available updates found. Please try again later, but instead got the invitation to install Beta 2.

Interestingly, today, it is again giving me Unable to check for updates – No available updates found. Please try again later. I see from that Downloads site that Beta 3 is not available yet. But because it is unable to check, I suspect that I will need to do the same trick to get Beta 3. We shall soon find out!

By the way, I did report this to Apple, FB7869180. Indications are that this is known, widespread issue that is being worked on.
Mine kept failing, I tried every single suggestion on the whole internet and nothing worked. This is going from catalina to bug sur. I went to beta profiles dot com and download the CATALINA beta profile, and it immediately worked. Good luck. I hope this simple thing helps people that are also loading their terminals with long crazy things that don't work.
Cannot install Big Sur Beta 2

Q