Does changing the default email app affect MFMailComposeViewController usage?

iOS 14 users can change the default email app. What effect, if any, does this have on MFMailComposeViewController?

Currently if canSendMail() returns false I instruct the user to set up an account in the Mail app. Maybe the wording needs to be different?

Accepted Reply

See answer here on Stack Overflow

Replies

I have the same question- more specifically, it would be ideal if MFMailComposeViewController "just worked" with whatever the default email client was, for example setting recipients, subject, body, etc.
I had an similar issue with [MFMailComposeViewController canSendMail]. If the default account selected doesn't have the mail enabled, but other accounts (not default) have it [enabled], the use case is that canSendEmail returns NO, or MFMailComposeViewController should select the first account available?
Nothing has changed in this regard.
Sadly, MFMailComposeViewController still depends on the Mail app as it has since 2009 and iOS3

MFMailComposeViewController's reference and Overview explicitly mentions this behaviour.

Tested on xCode 12.0 GM, iOS14 SDK on iPadOS 14.0
We are seeing the behavior same behavior for iOS14.1 and iOS14.01 MFMailComposeViewController.canSendMail() is returning false even when gmail is configured as default mail app.

Would like to know if there is any other way to make it work for iOS 14
See answer here on Stack Overflow