StoreKit testing in Xcode produces a weird error

Trying to test StoreKit purchases in our existing game from Xcode ends in failure. I have created a couple of consumable purchases which mirror the real ones, but an attempt to buy any one of them on a device (not simulator) ends in error "Purchase failed: unable to communicate with a helper application". This happens right after payment confirmation screen.

This is on the first iOS 14 beta and first Xcode 12 beta.

Any suggestions on how to work around that are welcome.

Replies

You mention this is happening on a device, is it also happening on the simulator? If you're continuing to see this issue could you please reproduce the issue and collect a sysdiagnose from the device, then file feedback and include the collected sysdiagnose.

I'm having this same issue on a simulator. I'm using Xcode 12.2 and simulator 14.2.
I did the setup as in https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/setting_up_storekit_testing_in_xcode
and I'm testing a subscription purchase and the error happens right after payment confirmation screen.
When I printed out the transaction error I got the following
Code Block
(lldb) po transaction.error
Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4097 "connection to service on pid 25563 named com.apple.storekitservice" UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=connection to service on pid 25563 named com.apple.storekitservice}

Is there a way to fix it? Did I missed some config step>

I'm still getting this error anyone find a solution to this?