StoreKit using local config, returning error.

I've created a new project using Xcode 12. Added an in-app purchase configuration file with a sample item that has a price, an identifier and a name.

fetchProductsRequest = SKProductsRequest(productIdentifiers: ["myitemid"]

Calling the request with any identifiers, returns the following error:
Code Block
Error Domain=SKErrorDomain Code=0 "UNKNOWN_ERROR" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=UNKNOWN_ERROR, NSUnderlyingError=0x6000000b69a0 {Error Domain=ASDErrorDomain Code=507 "Error decoding object" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Error decoding object, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Attempted to decode store response}}}

If I pass in an empty string as the product identifier, it doesn't return the error. Any idea on what might be causing this?

Replies

/ +1 on this one

Look like SKProductsRequest's delegate fails with an error in request(:didFailWithError:)

Code Block
Store kit request failed with error: Error Domain=SKErrorDomain Code=0 "UNKNOWN_ERROR" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=UNKNOWN_ERROR, NSUnderlyingError=0x600003518f00 {Error Domain=ASDErrorDomain Code=507 "Error decoding object" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Error decoding object, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Attempted to decode store response}}}

Wonder if that mean that under the hood in iOS14 SDK SKProductsRequest's response format has changed, but iOS13 SDK cannot parse it.
This issue seems to apply only to simulators. iOS 14 beta 5 on a real device receives products as expected.

Simulator support for IAP has always been weak. Product requests do still work on iOS 13 simulators, but not on iOS 14 simulators in Xcode 12 beta 5. You'll need a beta installation on a real device to test IAPs properly.
Hi there, was anyone able to figure out a way to resolve this? I have no idea how to test IAP right now because I keep getting this error. About 3 weeks ago, my same code worked, the store returned my product info successfully. I don't know why it's failing now but I'm stuck...
Seems to be the same issue as reported here: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/650652
Hope it will be fixed soon by Apple.
Same problem here.
unfortunately not only on a simulator, but also on a real iPhone 7 running iOS 14.2