SF Symbols 1.1 and SF Symbols 2

I have downloaded the SF Symbols 2 beta from the developer website and noticed that after installing the SF Symbols 1.1 version installed on my system can no longer be opened. The app icon shows as broken and when you attempt to open the app it brings up a dialog 'The application "SF Symbols" can't be opened.'

Additionally, when I try to re-install SF Symbols 1.1 it fixes that application but appears to completely remove the SF Symbols 2 beta application from the Applications folder.

Is it not possible to have these installed side-by-side on the same system?
Answered by drbax in 620131022
No. It is not possible to have the two versions side-by-side. When you run the SF Symbols 2 installer, you can see in the introduction section that

Important Notice
Installing this beta software will replace any existing installation of the SF Symbols application, SF Pro and SF Compact font families. To restore the ability to work with the release edition of SF Symbols, please reinstall using the SF Symbols installer.

But I don't think there would be any problems with this. You can still see which symbols are only available on iOS 14 and later, and which ones are available on iOS 13 and later.
I've been looking on the developer site and can't find the download link to SF Symbols 2. Where can it be found?
What macOS version are you running? Broken icon usually implies the app is incompatible with your OS version.

https://developer.apple.com/sf-symbols/

SF Symbols 2 beta
Requires macOS 10.15.3 or later

SF Symbols 1.1
Requires macOS 10.14.4 or later

Accepted Answer
No. It is not possible to have the two versions side-by-side. When you run the SF Symbols 2 installer, you can see in the introduction section that

Important Notice
Installing this beta software will replace any existing installation of the SF Symbols application, SF Pro and SF Compact font families. To restore the ability to work with the release edition of SF Symbols, please reinstall using the SF Symbols installer.

But I don't think there would be any problems with this. You can still see which symbols are only available on iOS 14 and later, and which ones are available on iOS 13 and later.
SF Symbols 1.1 and SF Symbols 2

Q