IOS 14 WiFi

Anyone experiencing issues with IOS 14 and wifi connectivity?
iOS 14.2 clearly has some serious bugs! We have both an iPad Air and an iPhone 11 Pro showing miserable, unreliable WiFi performance. We have tried many of the usual solutions (e.g. reset network on Apple device, reset router) without success. The most amazing result was when we tried the advice I found to turn on flight mode: nothing happened! The iPad Air shows flight mode enabled, but WLAN and Bluetooth still turned on and WLAN still connected!
In response to MooreKen099's post:

How did testing with the new router go?
I can connect to my wi-fi but it is way slower inside apps.
As a F/U to my earlier post. After upgrading to a new WiFi 6 router and enabling WPA2/WPA3 it has been 48 hours and I have yet to lose connection. Keep in mind iPad Pro running iPad OS 14.2 and it is AX (WiFi6) capable. I have an old iPhone7 and it has yet to lose connection as well.
iPhone 12 Pro max

I am experiencing the same issue. I just spent $1300 on this phone and my Oneplus7T triples its wifi speed. It’s ridiculous. I am currently next to my Netgear X6 R8000 Nighthawk router that has been amazing for every other device in my house. Weird thing is I only get over 80 mbps download on my 2.4ghz band. The router is Tri-band!!! And both 5G get under 20 MBPS. I ran an ookla speed test. Thought I’d share the results.

Code Block
2.4 GHz
Download: 98.9 MBPS
Upload: 76.0 MBPS
5GHz
Download: 1.24 MBPS (I’m lucky to get to 20 sometimes)
Upload: 14.3 MBPS

On my laptop i get well over 200 mbps for both. I have the private setting turned off, set a static ip, changed the DNS, and reset the network without luck. I work in IT and this just boggles my mind. My $500 Oneplus should not be faster than a phone almost triple in price. How is it that only my 2.4GHZ connection gets okish speeds??? I thought I would share this with everyone because this is NOT getting the coverage it needs in the media. My brother has an iPhone 7 and just ran the same test and got 165 mbps download and 130 MBPS upload. My mind is doing cartwheels right now.

iPhone 12 Pro max 

I am experiencing the same issue. I just spent $1300 on this phone and my Oneplus7T triples its wifi speed. It’s ridiculous. I am currently next to my Netgear X6 R8000 Nighthawk router that has been amazing for every other device in my house. Weird thing is I only get over 80 mbps download on my 2.4ghz band. The router is Tri-band!!! And both 5G get under 20 MBPS. I ran an ookla speed test. Thought I’d share the results. 

Code Block
2.4 GHz
Download: 98.9 MBPS 
Upload: 76.0 MBPS 
5GHz 
Download: 1.24 MBPS (I’m lucky to get to 20 sometimes) 
Upload: 14.3 MBPS

On my laptop i get well over 200 mbps for both. I have the private setting turned off, set a static ip, changed the DNS, and reset the network without luck. I work in IT and this just boggles my mind. My $500 Oneplus should not be faster than a phone almost triple in price. How is it that only my 2.4GHZ connection gets okish speeds??? I thought I would share this with everyone because this is NOT getting the coverage it needs in the media. My brother has an iPhone 7 and just ran the same test and got 165 mbps download and 130 MBPS upload. My mind is doing cartwheels right now. 

So listen up, I have this router which gives me 300mbs. It is a high power router, so yes it’s not the fastest connection but it basically gives me 300mbs when I’m standing at the mall. This thing probably gives me cancer since it gives you a warning if you ramp the transmit power above 75%.

Since the ios 14 upgrade, I can’t get full bars when I walk more than 15ft away from this thing. What is going on? I use to get full bars while mowing the lawn or Surfing
Update - I turned the power to 100%. IOS 14 is fine
It's not about iOS14, is about the WiFi module the Apple use, if your iPhone/iPad use Murata WiFi module, then have the WiFi issue, but if the WiFi module supplied by USI have no WiFi issue. It's a hardware issue, not a OS issue, so don't expect Apple will fix it via OS update, that's why Apple keep silent about this issue.

I have tested many iOS devices, iPhone 6, 7, 7 plus, iPad Pro 11, iPad Pro 12.9, iPhone 11, 11 Pro , those devices which use Murata WiFi module have the same WiFi issue, but others use USI WiFi module have no issue at all, all of those devices are update to iOS 14.2
Me, we have an iPhone 7 and another iPhone 7 Plus, both with problems. Typically what is happening is a 10-minute Wi-Fi authentication failure.
The connection remains active but there is no data exchange with the router or AP.
In my case, the failure occurs with the AP (EAP225).
The AP Log shows the following messages:
Client *** failed to connected to AP:xxxx with SSID "***" on channel 40 because WPA authentication times out/failure (2 times in a minute).
This started to happen after the update to iOS14

So has anyone got an answer to this wifi problem from apple support ?

Its near on what three months now and a number of updates and the wifi dropping problem is still present.

Will it be fixed in 14.3 ?

Ive never had any wifi issues going back years with ipad, until IOS 14+

I am having this issue on my iPhone AND iPad, tried all the reset settings, restart phone, reset factory and restore from backup... I have Express VPN also and have a feeling this is the issue. Hopefully I’ll be able to use my VPN on the next iOS update, but I’m just gonna run my iPhone/iPad without for now.
I’ve had the same issue. I just found the problem. Go to your WiFi connection and turn off this new feature I’ve never seen before called “private address”. My home unifi network does not like it and causes major network failures
This will be my final post on this subject as I have gone from being dropped numerous times /day to almost a week w/o being dropped once.
  • Upgrade to a WiFi6 (AX) router (I bought TP Link AX1500 WalMart $69)

• Set your security to WPA2/WPA3 transitional or WPA3

WPA2/WPA3 will allow connection to older devices
  • For latency I recommend using just 5Gig Hz , I turn off 2.4 as there are just too many devices that interfere (microwave, home phone, neighbors router, etc...)

- My bandwidth remains unchanged but is still the Max that I pay for through my ISP (I wasn’t having problems with latency just kept being dropped).

Good luck folks
I also have this issue on my first generation Iphone SE for months. Today I made an attempt by installing the Warp application which replaces DNS with those of Cloudflare. Well, now the wifi has started working again! If you want to try: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/1-1-1-1-faster-internet/id1423538627
I found a solution that worked for me, I changed the DNS settings to Google DNS (8.8.8.8) and magically it worked for me. Hope this will work for you too.
Yes, indeed. My iPhone 6s has been flaky since upgrading to OS14 and began having intermittent problems being unable to connect over Wi-Fi, although connection via cellular was just fine. I read many suggestions of power cycling the phone, re-setting the device, airplane mode, location services, find a shrunken monkey-head, etc etc and became so frustrated that I finally wiped it and reinstalled the OS to try to fix the issue, without luck. Believing it was a hardware issue and maybe the Wi-Fi chip was bad, I was preparing to bite the bullet and find a newer phone. Then I stumbled on this thread....

I turned off the "Private Wi-Fi Address" feature and voila ! - everything is back to normal since yesterday.....

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211227

YMMV - good luck.

Just wanted to add my 2-cents. I have 14.2 on all my devices (iphone 10, 11, 12 and the newest apple tv). I woke up on December 16 to discover that these devices were not connecting to wifi. I have a router that's about 4 years old but I have it set to wpa2 with the 5ghz band on 'ac' connections only. I initially thought it was my router so i powered it off/on with no success. I then noticed that my Dell laptops connected to the ac wifi without a problem. To make a long story short, after an hour of playing with different settings, the only way i could get it to connect was changing the 'ac only' selection to 'mixed' (which i didn't want, because it allows slower devices on the 5ghz). I called Apple support and they weren't aware of anything that could have caused this, but they advised me to switch the network to 'ac only' again (which made all my apple devices disconnect immediately). So now, I'm on mixed network again. Maybe an updated router will fix this, but I don't like to be forced to update my router when it seems like an Apple problem. Upgrading to 14.3 did not fix the issue.
I too have been having difficulty connecting to all of my wifi since the last update to 14.3. When the phone goes to sleep and I reawaken it, the wifi is not joined like it always has. It takes a while for the available wifi possibilities become available and then I have to pick which one to join. Once I join it stays connected as long as I am using my phone but if it goes to sleep the problem recurs upon be reawakened . I hope apple is aware of this problem so they can fix it.
I am also facing the same issue of wifi getting dropped once the iPhone is on sleep mode. When I unlock it then I am facing no issues with wifi. Please look into this
iphone 12 pro max ios 14 here... wifi sucks on this phone but wifi works well with other devices
Try turning off Wi-Fi Assist. It is at the bottom of the Cellular page in settings

edit: actually, this did not work for me. Neither did turning off private address
Hello
The 5GHz WiFi problem on iOS14 devices has been resolved.
FirmWare update in AccessPoints (Tp-Link EAP and EAP-Outdoor) solved the problem of interrupting the 5GHz WiFi connection on iOS14.
Omada Controller also updated.
Same on UniFi devices.
Greetings
I just replaced my iPhone 7 Plus without a 14.0 update with an iPhone 11 with 14.2 update.

All my devices electronic devices are connected to my WiFi except my iPhone 11 with 14.2 update.

I called Netgear support before posting on this forum.

We troubleshooted and it’s not a router issue. It’s an Apple issue with 14.2 update.

I have a Netgear Mesh Orbi RBR750 router.

Please help ASAP.
Resolved issue with WI-FI on iOS 14.2 by changing DNS Servers:
Yesterday out of nowhere my iPhones and iPads with iOS 14.2 wouldn't load any data (in apps and browsers) on the home wifi. I had no issues with any other devices on the network.
After reseting and rebooting every piece of hardware possible without success I finally resolve the issue by changing the DNS servers.
This can be done in the router settings or simply on the iOS device in WI-FI Settings then in the connected network under DNS > Configure DNS > Manual. I used 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Google Public DNS)
IOS 14 WiFi

Q