IOS 14 WiFi

Anyone experiencing issues with IOS 14 and wifi connectivity?
  • Since yesterday morning, I have issues with WIFI on my iPhone 11 with iOS 14.6

I can connect to the Wifi but I don't get the wifi icon at the top of the display and most applications claim "No internet Access". Despite this, some things load correctly, probably via 4G. So text works fine for example in messenger, but not pictures. I have rebooted the phone, I have done a couple of HW resets and I have done a reset of the network settings. No change. I have tried two different wifi networks, so it is not router related (different types of routers). Other equipment including my Macbook and my iPad as well as the rest of the family has no issues, only my iPhone 11. As there is no shell available in iOS, it's hard to find out what is really going on. Any suggestions, or do I need to backup to my computer and make a factory reset and if that doesn't help, take it in for repair ??

Thanks

• To add a bit more - Apple CarPlay have also stopped working. One last resort before going to the repair shop was to erase the phone and then install an older backup from the computer. Turned out to be a bit hard, as it tries to connect to apple to remove it from my account, and as the network isn't working, the erase procedure fails with "Verification failed".

Add a Comment

Replies

I have a Synology router running 8081-1 and I have a iPad Pro running 14.0.1. I am frequent Wifi issues on this device. If I look something up on FB or Google something the page doesn't load or news feeds doesn't refresh. I had some random issues but not frequent issues prior to 8081-1. I am not sure if it is an iOS 14 and 8081-1 combo issue.

I have restarted the iPad. I have disabled Private Address setting. I have disjoined and rejoined the Wifi. I have quit those Apps. 

I am not sure how to resolve this issue and have stability.
I have this same problem. Ever since I have upgraded to iOS 14.x both my iPad and iPhone are intermittently losing WiFi connections. And my wife’s Samsung phone at the same time works fine . I think this is definitely a bug in the iOS 14.x
Using 14.0.1 on ipad air 3 and been having random wifi drops. Ive never seen the wifi disconnect box appear message ever is years of using apple devices.

Ive tried all the resets and the same problem, crazy after weeks is still not been fixed.
Me too had trouble with Wi-Fi for days since update to iOS 14 until this morning. My iPhone 11 would connect but after a few seconds it stopped surfing and I had to manually switch to the mobile network. Finally i solved by removing the DNS servers configuration (opendns for me) from the dhcp configuration of the router and set to automatic. Hope this help someone. Ciao
Same issue. I have iOS 14 on my iPhone 11 and the WiFi keeps dropping.
I also have an iPhone 7 and it’s on iOS 13 and it doesn’t have this issue.

I don’t have a VPN
I tried a factory reset for networks
I’ve tried changing DNS
Forgetting WiFi network and trying again.

Nothing has worked. This problem is very frustrating. Pay so much for the phone and the WiFi and now I must still buy data.
Apple needs to fix this problem now
Very frustrating. Basic smartphones work better with WIFI than the recent upgrade to iPhone. Apple become complacent with market and users and the money they are making. It has become a work culture issue - they are not the same anymore. We need STEVE JOBS BACK to fix this?
100% happening to me on my XR on iOS 14.0.1 - connect to WiFi fine and then it randomly stops surfing the web so I have to disconnect and reconnect the WiFi. Happened on my XS as well and the wife’s iPhone 11. Was totally fine on iOS 13. Odd thing is that my iPad is fine in iOS 14. I saw that the latest iOS update had a WiFi fix but nothing different for me. Does not happen to other devices like my MacBook that has stable connection.
Yes continuously it’s very frustrating. I have an iPhone XR. I knew for definite it wasn’t my wifi as all my other devices are connected. It’s making browsing some what annoying! I hope this is resolved by the time they release it! No matter how many times I restart or hard restart it’s still the same.
Upgraded to iOS 14.0.1 a few days ago on my iPhone 11 Pro and iPad Air 2 and both now are unable to connect to my WiFi
I tried the most common ways to fix it but nothing seems to work.
Not sure if it helps anyone as I have had lots of issues getting the apple apps to connect on iPhone 11 Pro Max on 14.0.1, I just updated to the 14.2 public beta and its working for me now.
Thank you jamesmonty. The 14.2 public beta fixed the wifi issues with my iPhone 7 Plus.
late yesterday I begin having connectivity issues. With my iPhone 11 I went through all the suggested steps until I finally ended up rebooting the modem. This finally worked but by then the entire evening was gone, woke up to not being able to send mms texts. I checked for iOS updates, it’s says I am up to date at 14.1..... waiting because this is unacceptable, I’m working from home with this issue is costing me
Have the same issue, I have XS with ios 14.0.1.
it’s really annoying. Hope they fix this ASAP.

Have the same issue with me, I have iPhone 11 Pro with ios 14.0.1. 
It’s really annoying disconnecting in every 10-15 mins in both case WiFi and 4G. Hope this will fix ASAP.
Has anyone found a solution? I did the new upgrade last night and, ever since, my wifi is disconnecting every 5 minutes when streaming and every 15 with normal use. It always comes back with full bars, no other device has this issue, and it wasn't happening before, so it's definitely the update. So frustrating.