Using MDM profile in application

Hello all,

I have found many articles how to distribute MDM profiles, but no one about using MDM profiles in applications.
Is there some API or any documentation for that?

For example, my application is already installed and now awaiting for MDM profile installed for all users.
How I can determine that I need MDM profile installed?
How I can determine path of this profile to read it in own application?
Should I have some entitlements for that?
Does any API exist for that, maybe?

Thanks!

Accepted Reply

Can Apple's Systems Engineer add something to information in post on stackoverflow?
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20752254/using-mdm-to-configure-an-enterprise-app-via-nsuserdefaults

I want to believe you know more about using mobileconfig in applications

Replies

Are you wanting to know this information on macOS, iOS, iPadOS or tvOS?

Also to clarify your question, you have app on your device and you want that app to determine if the device is enrolled in MDM or not, correct?

Are you wanting to know this information on macOS, iOS, iPadOS or tvOS?

I apologize, I was meant macOS

Also to clarify your question, you have app on your device and you want
that app to determine if the device is enrolled in MDM or not, correct?

Yes, I think it's correct. And also I need to read some information from that MDM profile - in this profile will be stored some settings for my app

At this time there is no way access that information. You can file an enhancement request through Feedback Assistant.
It's possible without determining of profile's path? Is possible just determine that required profile is deployed and then get from it some 'fields' ?
up
If you are just trying to determine if a specific profile is installed or not you can use the profiles command line tool to do show and list commands to get summary info.
Thanks
Does any API (for C or Obj-C) exist for that, maybe? And official or not so documentation about it?
Can Apple's Systems Engineer add something to information in post on stackoverflow?
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20752254/using-mdm-to-configure-an-enterprise-app-via-nsuserdefaults

I want to believe you know more about using mobileconfig in applications