Simulate Device On Safari

Hey Developers! I love web design and am trying to test out some CSS, I am currently using a MacBook Pro 13" (2020 Version), I only use Safari and I want to know if I'm able to simulate other devices like a Windows 10 PC, an Android phone, an iPhone, or an iPad. I do own an iPhone and iPad but wanted to do it all on my Mac, I've tried searching for Safari extensions to do this but so far I haven't found one. If you could give me some suggestions or a link to what I should use it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mateo

Accepted Reply

Hello Mateo,
  • You can emulate many iOS devices and runtimes using the Simulator included with Xcode, and remotely debug/inspect those webviews using Safari's Develop menu.

• You can test out responsive layouts using Safari's Responsive Design Mode tool, under the Develop menu. This is also compatible with Web Inspector.

I have no recommendations regarding other platforms.

Thanks, BJ

Replies

Hello Mateo,
  • You can emulate many iOS devices and runtimes using the Simulator included with Xcode, and remotely debug/inspect those webviews using Safari's Develop menu.

• You can test out responsive layouts using Safari's Responsive Design Mode tool, under the Develop menu. This is also compatible with Web Inspector.

I have no recommendations regarding other platforms.

Thanks, BJ

You can emulate many iOS devices and runtimes using the Simulator included with Xcode, and remotely debug/inspect those webviews using Safari's Develop menu

Can you kindly provide a step-by-step way to do this? I have opened my simulator and have a web page running, however when I go to Safari's Develop menu, there is no such menu item as "debug/inspect webview from Simulator", it does not exist.

@alberto567 there was shown devices, but now they are gone and you can just set px size of screen, but this is even not function as mobile for sites... :/