Failure to code sign with automatic signing

Hi!

We have had an issue since Xcode 11.3 with automatic signing when building to a device. I have detailed the issue in the above feedback, but I would love some help in resolving this issue.

TLDR: When building to device, engineers receive a "communications" error or a "forbidden for security purposes" error. We have a very old app prefix id and the message seems to indicate that this might be part of the problem.

I can have an engineer try to build to "generic device" with Xcode 11.2 and the code signing will pass, and then they can resume with Xcode 11.5, but this is not a long-term solution.

Thanks for any help!

Steve

Replies

There was an issue with app ID prefixes in Xcode 11.4 that was resolved in Xcode 11.5.

Per the above feedback, the issue you're seeing in Xcode 11.5 looks different. Automatic signing currently has a bug where it cannot correctly generate a provisioning profile for apps that use CloudKit container identifiers, Apple Pay merchant identifiers, or Application Groups if your Apple ID has the Developer role. To work around this issue, you must use the Admin role. Does that workaround resolve it for you?
Admin accounts work and Xcode 11.2 works. We are going to try building new provisions for build on an admin account and moving them to the developer's machine to see if this workaround works.