Please allow 3rd party apps to create Scene's as 'Trigger Owned'

I have a few app ideas that revolve around helping users to create specific automations, but the API's that are currently available to 3rd party developers provide an awkward way to do this, because we cannot creates Scene's as 'Trigger Owned'.

One of my favorite HomeKit apps - Wake Light (not my own app, and I did not consult the developer, but it's a great example of this) - creates a series of automations to turn on my light in the morning, and gradually increase the brightness. It works on any HomeKit compatible bulb, or even dimmer switch, and is great.

However after setting up the automation, the Home app shows a series of new Scene's, all listed as 'Favorite' scenes, such as 'WL-01-00', 'WL-01-01', 'WL-01-02', etc. These are the scenes that are associated with new automations, and triggered every few minutes.

I have two ways I could see this being resolved:
  • Allow 3rd party developers to use the 'actionSetType' of HMActionSetTypeTriggerOwned - this would prevent the Scene's from being visible in the Home app at all, and (I believe) they would be cleanly removed if the automations are deleted. This would be my preferred way, as it cleanly solves the problem.

• Allow 3rd party developers to control whether a Scene is considered a 'Favorite' in the Home app, or turn this off as a default value for Scene's created from 3rd party apps.

Replies

Please file these requests via Feedback Assistant.
Thank you, I've done that as well: FB7775451