Complete rewrite of App

I have an old app in the store that was written in Objective-C. I would like to rewrite the app completely in SwiftUI and just have it be a update to the app in the store. How do I do this?
Answered by Frameworks Engineer in 614526022
Apps are uniquely tagged by the Bundle Identifier - for example com.mycompany.testapp

If you want to rewrite your app, start a new project/workspace and enter the same bundle id used on your existing app in the store. Then when uploading it to App Store Connect, the backend system will see the new binary as a replacement for the old one.
I’m doing exactly the same thing, trying desperately to get it finished before the 30th of June deadline. I went with a brand new project and because I don’t store any user data, it was easier for me to do that.
I converted everything with both the new and old apps open in Xcode, just slowly going through a section at a time.
Can you add a bit more clarifying information? Are you wondering how to post a “new” app and have it show up as the old app in the App Store? Or are there other aspects of a SwiftUI rewrite that you’re looking for insight on?
Accepted Answer
Apps are uniquely tagged by the Bundle Identifier - for example com.mycompany.testapp

If you want to rewrite your app, start a new project/workspace and enter the same bundle id used on your existing app in the store. Then when uploading it to App Store Connect, the backend system will see the new binary as a replacement for the old one.
Thanks Frameworks Engineer. That is exactly what I was looking for.
Complete rewrite of App

Q