Big Sur installation stuck

Install has been stuck for four hours on the Apple screen, with status bar at 100%...

I tried rebooting and status bar quickly went to 100% and again stuck...

tried to turn on verbose mode (all the ctrl keys and w, Apple key and v or l) and got nothing...
Same here.. any solutions?
Same here. I can however boot into safe mode and it shows I am on BIG sur. I assume its down to an extension or plug in but I have been through all of them and no joy. In normal mode I get to 5% approx loading then nothing need a fix urgently
I think I'm having a similar issue. The install goes normally, and even gets through the phase with the time estimate before having an issue. Once it reboots again, the progress bar stops at roughly 25% and does not progress, even if left alone for an hour.
Same situation. Tried all kinds of reboots. In safe mode it will boot and show the login screen but when I enter my password, it looks like it starts to continue then screen goes black then goes back to the main login screen. Is the install stuck or the boot process stuck (on a bad driver, and if so, is there a way to bypass. I tried verbose and didn't see anything conclusive).
stuck on the “Black background, white apple logo & progress bar” now for about 4 hours with no discernible progress bar movement.
Any approach?

stuck on the “Black background, white apple logo & progress bar” now for about 4 hours with no discernible progress bar movement.

That's where I am too. It's been probably about 5 hours now.
I had left my 16 inch MBP overnight, still stuck at 100%. I had previously completely backed up my Catalina system to an external SSD, and as I had to work today I gave up on Big Sur for now.

But, I see that instead of Macintosh HD and Data volumes, I have one volume, called Update. Is it possible to kick start that do that it can finish the install?
Same issue here:

• Left it overnight, no progress

• Rebooted and tried again for an entire day, no progress

• Booted into Safe Mode (hold down shift on startup before the Apple logo), it seemed to finish the update

• Booted into Normal Mode, still stuck

• Went into Safe Mode and disabled File Vault

• Booted into Normal Mode, still stuck

Don't know what's left to try. I can get into Safe Mode to change things, but it's horribly slow and laggy. Considering a full clean install and trying again.
I too need an urgent fix for this. I have made a bootable installer but start up disk refuses to see it so i cant even do a clean install.

There has to be a service or something it cant get past.

BTW MacBook Air retina. Are we all on the same machine?
Same problem here. Hoping for a solution.
Same issue.
Same here (iMac 27, 5K)

Has anyone made any progress on getting past this?
The only thing that "solved" it for me was a clean install. Since I was able to get into Safe Boot, I did that first, transferred the few files that I didn't already have synced and then booted into Recovery Mode, wiped the existing drive followed by a clean install.

Everything is running now, but that's really more of the "****" option :/
I too was reminded why they call this macOS Beta. The progress bar would complete, then start again and end at about 5%, not moving even after several hours. I could log in in Safe Mode, but the Finder would lock up almost immediately. I just gave up, erased the entire drive, and reinstalled, thankful for iCloud Drive and Dropbox (eh, except the Dropbox app isn't compatible with Big Sur 🙁)
Same problem. 2018 15" MacBook Pro i9 running the latest Catalina beta.

There is a lot of stuff on my MacBook including HomeBrew, Adobe CC, Pulse VPN. Before trying to upgrade I created a new Volume and installed Catalina beta on it and installed Pulse VPN because that is the only thing I really need to work. Then I upgraded to Big Sur. No problem, VPN worked so it isn't Pulse. I thought that would be the only thing to cause problems. Oh well, time to wait for beta 2.
After removing a bunch of apps and their extensions I was able to do the install. Sorry, I didn't keep a full list of the stuff I removed. I haven't done a clean install in 5+ years so there was a lot of cruft. I removed WebEx, Zoom and Citrix among others. I suspect something I removed from /Library/LaunchDaemons or /Library/LaunchAgents did the trick.
Same here. i'm able to boot into safe mode but not very useful.
Just installed beta 2, it seemed to have finished installing and rebooted

Sent me straight the apple logo screen with the progress bar in the exact same spot as before. . . So this has not been fixed
Same issue on beta 1 and after updating to beta 2 again stuck
Yup confirmed here too on a 16 in 2019 mbp - stuck..i did go into safe mode and run the install beta again. lets see what that does. OSX heal thyself

Wish me luck
You can give it a try to uninstall some agents/services, at least for me it was a success.
Can‘t really say what was the reason at the end, because I did uninstall multiple things at the same time.
But at least I have one favorite for you, if you have it installed, Logitech Control Center (LCC).
It was causing issue for me before, so I was giving it a try.
As a starting point, you could uninstall all installations which are associated with an icon from the menu bar step by step.

But of course that is valid only, if your are able to boot in safe mode.

Good luck.
Same here today with Beta5. Mac mini late 2014 booted from an external microSD (worked fine with Catalina). “Progress bar stuck at 5%, not moving even after several hours”: same. Safe mode: I was unable to boot in it (login window, progress bar went up to 100% then stuck there). Erased the disk fully and started a clean install, which elapsed for around 5 hours, now it’s rebooted and showing progress bar stuck at 50%, not moving for nearly two hours now. I think I’m scrapping this until official release.
"Less than a minute remaining"...overnight. :-D
Stuck in the same place(Install complete, stuck on loading with Apple logo and progress bar at 100%) after installing Big Sur Beta 9.

I've rebooted several times, went into safe mode, removed external drives, ran cmd+opt+P+R, reinstalled Beta 9.

Still stuck.
Big Sur installation stuck

Q