Installing macOS Big Sur beta

I installed the profile for macOS Big Sur, but I got updated to Catalina beta 10.15.6 beta instead.

Is it possible to install the Big Sur beta already?
Answered by CDUVENHORST in 613479022
Here’s the list of macOS Big Sur compatible Macs:

2015 and later MacBook
2013 and later MacBook Air
2013 and later MacBook Pro
2014 and later Mac mini
2014 and later iMac
2017 and later iMac Pro
2013 and later Mac Pro
Yes, try checking your updates again. After installing the profile I was able to download and install Big Sur Beta.
I want macOS big sur beta

You have to be a paying Apple Developer member. If you aren't, you can sign up for the public beta at beta.apple.com
I'm getting the same issue. Even after restarting the Mac. Maybe server's are overwhelmed at the moment?
Okay, I figured it out. It's called macOS Beta 10.16 instead of macOS Beta 11 in System Preferences after installing profile. Someone didn't get the memo 😂
Have the same problem as atineoSE, I only see the 10.5.6 beta.
@jeshurun I tried refreshing, but it doesn't recheck. How can I force a recheck for updates?
Accepted Answer
Here’s the list of macOS Big Sur compatible Macs:

2015 and later MacBook
2013 and later MacBook Air
2013 and later MacBook Pro
2014 and later Mac mini
2014 and later iMac
2017 and later iMac Pro
2013 and later Mac Pro
Ok, mine is Late 2012, so no Big Sur support then....
Thank you @CDUVENHORST, of course the problem is that my old MBP is too old. Didn't checked that until you mentioned it.
Same problem here. How to recheck for updates?
MacBook Pro 2017
To recheck for updates press Command-R in the preference pane.
Can Big Sur Beta be installed on an external drive ? Seems the installer is skipping the destination selection option.
I had same issue, but here is how I fixed it.
First, make sure your device is on the list that allows for the beta version.
Second, download the 10.16 beta (Yes, the Mac Big Sur is using this name for beta version, not MacOS 11)
Third, after downloading the "Install macOS Beta", manually run the app and install it even you have upgraded to the 10.15.6 version.
Through the three steps, you should be able to upgrgade your Macbook to the latest MacOS 11 beta.
I've not had any issues getting the beta to install.
The issue I have is after.
Once my machine comes up to the login screen it will not allow me to login.
When I go to login with the password the password field does the little bounce back and forth thing like I've typed it in wrong.
After so many times of doing this it tells me I can reset my password via my apple id.
When I try that it then pops up a keychain screen telling me to track down my last known password through keychain.
To see if it was maybe something with how the local login account is interfacing with my apple id I restored my device back to Catalina and created just a local account bypassing and not entering ANY apple id information.
Multiple reboots and can login just fine.
Then redownloaded and installed the big sur beta update.
Same issue
Upon coming to the login screen, I type in the password, and the password field just "jiggles" around like I've typed in the password incorrectly.
@Albaluat, Low tech issue? Wrong keyboard layout? CAPS LOCK in place while typing?

Do you already see the colored macOS 11.0 Big Sur Beta Wallpaper?

Did you create a new specific partition of your SSD/Hard disk? Do you boot into the correct partition? How many drives do you see in Recovery mode?
  • Restart your Mac

• Immediately hold down Command-R

• Release them as soon as you see the Apple logo

Go to the Disc Utility and verify how many partitions you have ;-)

Good luck…
yes its quite an issue, I even got updated to 10.15.6 beta of Catalina instead of Big Sur, I use external SSD for OS in iMac, I am resting the iMac and will try to do it again.
Will post my workaround if I manage to install.
Same issue.

Only seeing option to update to 10.15.6 Beta 2, and no option for 10.16/11

Macbook (Retina 12") 2016 - compatible device.

Do we have a solution yet?
I have made a decision to install Mac OS Big Sur into a used 1TB external HD, which disk has already used over 500GB of files. I left my original internal SSD to stay 10.15.5. It's a safety decision that I believe I could have both systems to play with.

Yes, I have a external Mac OS Big Sur beta running cool (a bit slow) on my external HD connected by Type-C cable to my Mac Book Pro. But....

there are nearly 600GB data on my external HD has vanished!!! There are 4 clean normal folders look like a new formatted system disk. There are only 230GB out of 1TB free space left. The disk size is 899.8GB used and 230GB un-used. The old data lost in the "____"?
I can find it by Disk Utility. however, there are something wrong, the first partition is dimmed. the second data partition is on. The data partition has a big blue 600GB bar, plus a dark grey small bar before the empty space of 230GB.

After that, I switch back to Mac OS 10.15.5. and see the external disk, a Popup saids "unsupportable disk format" and shows a strange disk name called "update". The disk size is 899.8GB used and 230GB un-used. I went "startup disk" to check: it is the system disk with its own disk name on it. (It is not shows "Update")

I need to know how to get the data back? Please help.

Same issue here. Sometimes when I reboot I get the upgrade option but it still only downloads until 28 minutes remaining then does nothing. After I reboot it then says I have a Catalina update.
Yes. you can. its based on your choice.
I have an early 2013 MBP, have installed the Big Sur beta profile, and am still not getting an option to download the beta in System Preferences. It says my Mac is up to date with macOS Catalina beta 10.15.6.
I have downloaded setup via profile of beta developer and find some bug, after that, i have try to clean install big sur into my system. Now its fine but seeing some other bug like heavy text file not open in text editor. Text editor just goes shutdown. And 2nd today i got new beta 2 released but its showing 10.16 look like sent beta 2 for catalina not big sur.
I have the same problem. I have a later 2013 rMBP. When I installed the profile, I got Catalina 10.15.6 instead. Help plz
Hi,
MacOS BigSur Beta not loaded , only SafeMode

DiskUtil Not See Partition. 
please help. 

MacBook Pro Late 2013
Installing macOS Big Sur beta

Q