New forums (2020): How to see new posts?

It seems like in the new forums, posts are organized by tags instead of by hierarchical categories. That's beneficial in some ways. However, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to find new posts.

For example, I wanted to check whether anyone had asked this question previously. In the old forums, I might have gone to the "Developer Forums" category and looked at recent posts. I can't do that here, and it's not clear to me what I should do instead. I search for a "new forums" tag, but didn't find one. I searched for a topic with similar words, but didn't find one.

Is there a way to browse existing content (tags, posts, etc.) other than the "Top Posts/Tags/Users" shown on the home screen?

(Ironically… I can see the list of existing tags in the "Tags" box when creating a new post as I'm doing right now, but I haven't found any other way to see that list.)

Replies

i agree there are aspects i like but the inability (at least from what i can find) to view post by category or Tags as they are now, and recent posts in general, the "Top Posts" are from months ago and in all actuality some probably dont even apply anymore.
The DevForums FAQ has some useful info here, including the tag search syntax and a list of tags.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ DTS @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

WWDC runs Mon, 22 Jun through to Fri, 26 Jun. During that time all of DTS will be busy with conference duties.
The list of tags on that DevForums FAQ is useful. I wish it were prominently linked from the forum home page itself; it would serve as a great introduction to the topics available on the forum, and might help people find their way to the tags they're looking for.
At least make home page more relevant, most of the top posts haven't been updated for months... Add a simple time limit for last week or month there
bjhomer wrote:

The list of tags on that DevForums FAQ is useful. I wish it were prominently linked from the forum home page itself

That’s now the case. Yay!

At least make home page more relevant, most of the top posts haven't been updated for months

Indeed. Normally I’d tell you to file a bug about this but in this case that issue is well understood by the folks responsible.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ DTS @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

WWDC runs Mon, 22 Jun through to Fri, 26 Jun. During that time all of DTS will be busy with conference duties.
rustunn1 wrote:

At least make home page more relevant, most of the top posts haven't been updated for months... Add a simple time limit for last week or month there

They are recently updated, but the topic/post itself is very old in most cases. I totally agree that some filtering, sorting or extended search would be very useful.