Link to other Apps in UITextView

Hello,

when I type (for example)

twitter://test

in the notes app from apple, it becomes a highlighted link to the "Twitter"-App.

I would like to have the same behaviour within a UITextView. DataDetection is enabled and normal http-Links are detected. But the UITextField doesn't detect URL schema like "twitter://..." or "comgoolgemap://..." or "castro://..." etc.

What do I have to do to get the same behaviour like in the "Notes"-App? Thank you for any help.

Replies

I am having the same problem: third-party URL schemes (e.g., "twitter") are no longer being hyperlinked in my UITextViews in iOS 10. Apple's URL schemes (e.g., "sms" or "tel") work fine, and links to my app's URL scheme work too. All of these links work just fine in Notes, as tieferbegabt says.

I have not changed anything in my code, and I don't see any relevant UITextView or DataDetector API changes I need to implement. Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

I realize that long time has passed... But I am facing the exact same issue and wondering if you found a solution or workaround?