NSBundleResourceRequest could not connect to its helper daemon

Hello,

This is something I have not been able to reproduce on our test devices, I've seen it only in crash reports (gathered with Fabric). An exception is thrown when the code is trying to set the preservation policy for a bunch of tags.

The App crashes with the following:

Fatal Exception: NSInternalInconsistencyException
NSBundleResourceRequest could not connect to its helper daemon

It has happened a few times in the last month, it is a very rare occurrence but I would like to fix it. Any ideas why this happens?

Regards,

Replies

Hi Pedro!

Did you find anything on this issue? I'm getting it too.

Apple engineer requested logs from any device where this happens... but we cannot provide that as it happens only "in the wild". We've been unable to reproduce the issue on our test devices.

Did anyone find any solution? we cannot reproduce the issue as well, but we see it in many iOS 10+ devices.

I have seen the same fatal exception under the same rare conditions with a few of our apps, and I am pondering this "Important" note from endAccessingResources() documentation:

The callback from 
beginAccessingResources(completionHandler:)
or
conditionallyBeginAccessingResources(completionHandler:)
must have completed before calling
endAccessingResources()

Is it possible that there is a race condition with endAccessingResources()?

The other possibility I am contemplating is an issue with low disk space. Are you observing low disk space notifications, and if so, is there a correlation?

Did anyone find any solution?

In latest version, we add many webP images and decode and cache concurrently after finished launch. If start ODR requests when decoding webP images, the app will crash cause by NSBundleResourceRequest could not connect to its helper daemon. So we delay start ODR requests after all heavy operations been done and the app works well.

Hope this will help you.

Did anyone find any solution for this? this crash is becoming one of our topmost crashes.

This has been our top crash as well for sometime. We've never been able to duplicate it. Interestingly, we only have reports on iOS 10 - 14. Perhaps Apple fixes it in iOS 15?

• Same to me. Besides, 90%+ are on iOS12.

Add a Comment