This code has already been redeemed

I am trying to download macOS Sierra developer preview but when I click the download page and am taken to the App Store I get an "This code has already been redeemed" error message. I have checked my Purchased tab but there is no sign of 10.12 there to re-download. Signing in an out of the App store doesn't work either.

How can I get hold of the beta?

Replies

Hi,

What finally worked for me was to enroll my mac in the Apple Beta Software Program. It generated a new code for me. Just click on "enroll your mac" in this page:

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/guide

Cheers,

Paul

(It's the public beta..)

I am having the same exact issue! The code is showing as redeemed and I can't find the software anywhere. I've looked on the unfinished and called Apple. After 2 hours on the phone with them, they said I had to record a video and send them in order to get it further investigated.

This is not rocket Science Apple!!!

I will either give up trying the Beta or use the Public one (more buggy) 😠

I've run into a variant of this problem trying to download Developer beta 7:

I get the same error of the code already having been redeemed, but the App Store shows macOS Sierra Developer Beta as having been downloaded, which is true for the earlier (first) Beta, but not for the current one. The Purchased tab shows a grayed out button "Downloaded", w/o any option to re-download.

Unfortunately, I get the same error with Developer beta 8...

It is somehow tied to an iTunes gift card and it will not go away. I am a developer and I guess I am done developing now. I cannot download the Beta 8, so I will kill it and go to the Public Beta 7. The App store shows no available downloads.

Command + space to search, then search for macOS. It should return an 'Install macOS Sierra' app that installs it if it was previously downloaded. Took me a while to find this out 🙂

Thank you so much! Lots of Apps that installed before are also here.

Not working. Code redeemed although it's never been used. Also this is not the first time this issue is happening. Apple, please just offer proper downloads and be done with this problem.

YES

Go to "Purchased" in App Store, MacOS Sierra is listed there, just click on Download will do.

Are you not reading any of the posts doof? People are explaining that even though they follow that, it down not work.

E.g. Mines says "Downloaded" with no option to redownload.

Hey, you looked in a mirror?

they only try to help you..

look before in your Applocations-Folder and delete the previous Installer there...

If the App-Store find there another Copoy of Installer, it told you.. Downloaded (while this is ok, you had downloaded it).

But if there is NO Copy, the App-Store allow you to download it again....

I checked for unfinished downloads, and there's nothing there. I was able to get the first GM candidate; but it appears that Apple issued the same code for the second GM candidate, so I can not get it. I have tried both in the office and at home, both garnering the same this code has already been redeemed error. In both environments, I get "All purchases have been downloaded for this account." I've tried it on multiple machines, getting the same error.

There is no installer in Applications. It's not on the Purchased tab either. It doesn't say it's been downloaded. It doesn't list it at all. Your assertion that the App-Store allows me to download it again is false. Yes, I understand you are intending to help; but you are suggesting things that have already been tried and documented as having failed in this thread. Indeed, the only thing in this whole thread that worked at all was the suggestion to go to the Public Beta enrollment page. Had this been earlier in the Beta cycle, even that suggestion would have been useless.