Submit for Review not allowing iOS9.2

When I try and submit an update for my app that was created in xcode 7.2(not beta) I get this error message.

Invalid sdk value. The value provided for the sdk portion of LC_VERSION_MIN_IPHONEOS in AppNameHereRemoved.app/AppNameHereRemoved is 9.2 which is greater than the maximum allowed value of 9.1.

Since xcode7.2 is not beta and iOS 9.2 is not beta I'm confused why I am getting the above error message. I know that they just realeased 9.2 today but is it to soon to be submitting apps using the new software?

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Replies

+1

Still waiting, really wishing I could be in the review queue at least 😟

Same here.

Same here 😟

Did someone try to rebuild and upload with Xcode 7.1.1?

Considering changes have to roll out to multiple web servers in multiple countries it makes perfect sense that there is a delay between a new toolset and support for that toolset in iTunesConnect. And it isn't just the sites that need updating. The backing databases also have to be updated as do internal policies and sometimes even guidelines.

also consider Xcode 5.1.1 was still being displayed as the minimum to submit apps last time I looked.

Should have the support ready before the rollout.

I haven't because I just assumed it would be a shorter period (and fixed by now). Maybe I'll give it a shot this afternoon.

Still not possible to submit an app...

Yeah, I believe that everyone here understands, at some level, the complexities involved in running the system that Apple does but it is ABSOLUTELY NOT mandatory for this problem to have occured. 🙂 There may be internal issues of many sorts at Apple that make this difficult to do but, optimally, all of the things that you are talking about COULD, dare I say SHOULD, have been completed in advance of the release of the xcode update that left us all hanging.

I am not in anyway trying to give the good folks at Apple a hard time. It is unfortunate but things happen. C'est la vie. Although, I really need to get my updates submitted ASAP!!! 🙂 I am just saying that it is fundamentally wrong to have encountering this sort of problem as an expectation.

Yes, I downloaded xCode 7.1.1 from here (https://developer.apple.com/downloads/), archived my app again, and was able to submit, without any changes to the project. Well, almost no changes - Application Loader complained that the binary already existed, so I had to bump my app's version number by 1. But I was eventually able to submit the app for review.

The problem is still not solved.

By the way, since I upgraded XCode to v7.2, I cannot upload any archive to the App Store. I always get the error "You are not authorized to user this service"

(as described here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28248496/you-are-not-authorised-to-use-this-service-itunes-app-upload-error)

I was able to upload the binary using Application Loader though.

I don't know if it's related. Anyone sufferred from this too ?

Wow, that's really annoying, I'm having the same problem. Currently downloading Xcode 7.1.1 from the link someone posted above... Will post back if I'm able to submit via 7.1.1.

I've been using Application Loader for a while, thanks to the "no version found - adamId" message in xCode:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/24123

I remember when iOS development used to be fun.....

I don't think so. Apple should have their could ready before releasing their tool. This won't happen if Jobs were here.

No, ridiculous to think that a new tool shouldn't work from day 1.

I shouldn't be, but I'm still amazed at Apple's lack of communication on these types of issues.