Simulator hangs since Xcode 7.1

Since the update to Xcode 7.1 the simulator hangs very often. It happens with various projects, even fresh ones.

It will repetitively beachball for a couple of seconds then show the normal cursor but still not react.

After some time it then might actually update the simulated app and after more normal interaction this blocking will start again.

Is there anything I could try?

I did try the 9.0 simulator, but it's the same. I didn't have this problem in Xcode 7.0.

It's very frustrating, I hope you can help me to find a solution.

Replies

I can confirm that after disabling BetterSnapTool this problem went away for me.

Anything under "Allow these apps below to control your computer" in the Security & Privacy panel of System Preferences is a possible culprit.

I had Zooom/2 activated and I'm guessing it was doing some things with the accessibility framework (I took a spin dump and found lots of mentions to it). Once I disabled it, everything started working again.

Closing Moom fixed this for me. (Moom allows you to easily move and zoom windows.)

Cheers.

To loop back to this, the issue should be fixed in Xcode 7.3 beta.

Was problem solved? I've installed Xcode 7.3.1 and the simulator is still slow.

I am still experiencing this issue with Xcode 7.3.1.

I have nothing in the Systen Preferences > Security & Privacy > Accessibility.

I have found that I can get around this by resetting the simulator (Simulator > Reset Content and Settings).