Xcode 7.1 - fails to upload to App Store; complains about CFBundleVersionShort string

1. I've gone through the Archived app and found every Info.plist for the main app and all the extensions. ALL of my bits have a version string that is higher than the previously approved version.
  2. There is a third party lib that has a 1.0.
  3. Upload via Xcode 7.01 - works fine.

ERROR ITMS-90062 "This bundle is invalid. The value for key CFBundleShortVersionString [1.0] in the Info.plist file must contain a higher version than that of the previously approved version".

So what is going on here?

Replies

A few updates to make this work:

1. Replace split with strip.

2. If your Info.plist is in a path with spaces, you'll need to add quotes around #{app_plist}.

post_install do |installer|
  app_plist = "MyProject/Supporting Files/Info.plist"
  plist_buddy = "/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy"
  version = `#{plist_buddy} -c "Print CFBundleShortVersionString" "#{app_plist}"`.strip
  puts "Updating Pods version numbers to #{version}"

installer.pods_project.targets.each do |target|
    `#{plist_buddy} -c "Set CFBundleShortVersionString #{version}" "Pods/Target Support Files/#{target}/Info.plist"`
  end
end

I'm now able to upload without errors, but now i'm stuck in the dreaded "processing" Have you guys been able to get it out of the processing state?

Yes. Sometimes its in processing for 30-45 minutes. Sometimes its been up to 12 hours. Its just random.

Now I can't make any changes to internal testflight. Anytime i try and hit save i get "Build post failure" 😍

I am having the same issue , been trying all day.

I was getting 3 errors - version, short version and bundle identifier. I fixed it by adding all three matching keys to the only 3rd party plist file in my app. In my case the 3rd party plist was AppTententive.

Take a look at this StackOverflow answer:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9754691/cfbundleversion-must-be-higher-than-previous-version

chen