Siri not working after iOS 9

My Siri isn't working after the iOS 9 release... It doesn't respond

Replies

I'm the the same boat as all of you. Both dictation and Siri stopped working about 2 days ago, several days after upgrading to 9.1. I have tried every "fix" listed on the forum and on the Internet and none work.

I cannot believe that Apple has not said or done anything about this yet. What can we do?

I spent well over an hour with support regarding the same issue. BS to believe that they have not heard of this one. They did all the usual troubleshooting, being as helpful as possible.

Save my time please Apple. Just tell me that it is a known issue and we're tryingto fix it! Jeepers.

Waiting,

Steve

I had the same issue with my phone right after iOS 9 did the update and front facing mic is what the issue is. There's more than one mic on the phones. I figured Apple would fix with an update so waited to check with them. Finally once the other mic went out too, contacted them did all the restoring and stuff yall have done. Ended up taking phone in and they sent me a brand new device. Now two months later on my brand new phone I do this latest iOS 9.2 update and the front facing mic is broken again!!!! So frustrating! I'm going to be taking it in and probably getting a new phone again!! It's very frustrating and makes me want to not use iPhones anymore and I've been a loyal user for years!!

Thanks. I had to hard boot and then switch to British accent to make Siri work

iOS 9.2 on iPhone 6. Siri is no longer able to set reminders or alarms. If I reboot the device, it will work once.

I've already given up on Continuity, Handoff, AirDrop and Air Play because I can't count on them to work when I need it. I put my AppleTV 4 back in the box because I had to use their remote just for that one device. I understand that I can now use the Remote app, but the excitement is gone.

It's been a sad year for this fanboy.

Thanks for letting me vent.

I also had this same problem. After updating to IOS 9 my front microphone didn't work anymore, not with Siri, not on facetime and not while filming using the front camera. Called Apple and they told me to do a factory reset. Didn't work. Went to a nearby Apple care centre and they did a hard factory reset. Didn't work either. Today I went to the Apple Store and they checked the phone and changed my screen, because the front camera is broken!! As my phone is 1 and a half years old, no warranty so a € 135,00 bill!! Great, thanks Apple for this update and not taking this problem (seeing there is so many of us having this same problem, so it should be a known one) into consideration. I always take very good care of my apparel, using glass screenprotectors, flipcase and all, even the guy in the Apple store stated my phone was in exremely good state ! Before the update I didn't have any problems, now al of a sudden the mic is broken. This cannot be coinsidence???

Okay so I had the same issue. I was afraid mostly that my mic was broken completely. To check, simply turn off Siri, hold the home button and you will get the old voice control feature that any phone has before they came out with Siri. This is a simple test to be sure that this isn't your fault. Mine worked fine so now I know it's Apple

I just went through this with online support. The Solution that fixed this exact problem was: Settings> General>Reset> Reset Network Settings.

Tried this and didn't help. I also tried DFU mode factory install iOS 9.2 Didn't work, even tried to set up as new iPhone without restoring the backup. Nothing makes Siri work with the internal microphone, only works with headset and Bluetooth headset. Normal non-Siri voice control works with internal microphone so it can't be hardware? Don't know when this happened since I don't use Siri very much...

Have you talked to Apple about this?

I find it hilarious that iOS 9 was supposed to be less features and more "fixes." It's pretty pathetic because I don't remember even iOS 8's plethora of features release even having as many problems as iOS 9. Tim Cook is not Steve Jobs, that's the problem. I can't imagine he gets infuriated with the incompetence like Steve Jobs did. Maybe Steve Jobs was harsh but at least they had a lot less bugs when he was around! Tim looks at the emails but I feel he is ignorant and arrogant in that sense. Listen Tim, Siri does not and has not worked properly since the many versions of iOS 9 have been released. You need to get your staff in gear on fixing this or your company may end up suffering with sales. I have the new Apple TV and I cannot say I'm impartial to have thought that was a worthy investment. The older device works better IMO, i.e. Siri doesn't work on the newer Apple TV either.

Using iPhone 6 with freshly installed 9.2. Same problem as above. Siri stopped voice responding to the press of the Home button. No voice or other sounds - only vibrate. According to Apple support, the initial voice response of "How may I help you" has been removed in 9.2. Now you only get the short vibration and words on-screen to indicate that Siri is open. She still does respond to queries with voice however.

Secondarily, my "Hey Siri" does not work when off power cord. That was not supposed to be the case for iPhone 6 and 6S

I think they are really having a glitch in 9.2 causing both these issues but they don't have a fix yet

This is about the iOS public/app store version and those user-centric questions may be better suited for Apple's public community support forums rather than here in the developer/IDE forums, thanks.

https://discussions.apple.com

I'm finding Siri doesn't work with either of the 9.3 Betas. It just sits there as if it's not heard you. I know the mic is working because there's no problem with FaceTime. Tried a hard reset and it seemed to work once, but has given up since. Can't afford to have to reset the thing every time I want to use Siri. Also tried turning Siri off and on again, with no success.

Starting to get annoying now.

Hey,

I have the issue with my Iphone 6S Plus 128GB.⚠

Since IOs 9.01 Siri always has an INPUT Sound (the "equalizer" animation is going crazy) and Siri never understands me.

I tried:ℹ

-reboot

-switching Siri off and on

-switched siri language

-switching dicatation off and on

-backup the iphone and restore everything

-set up the iphone completely new without any data

Dictatione, calls, facetime, memo, video front and back is working without any troubles at all. ✅

Siri works fine with headphone/mic plugged in! ℹ✅

I think this is a software bug, i don't know how to solve this.

Please anyone find a solution