Siri not working after iOS 9

My Siri isn't working after the iOS 9 release... It doesn't respond

Replies

I have also the same issue with Siri. iPhone 5 iOS 9. Apple should fix this bug.

Did you have any luck withSiri or dictation with the 9.1 release?

Right...

I had this problem.

Took my phone to Apple Store - they gave me a new handset.

3 weeks later, Siri isn't working again. Flattened phone, restore etc.

This is my second handset and I'm getting sick of Apple and their increasingly ****** products. When I spend this sort of money, it should work.

Will take 2nd handset back to store.

Since so many of us are having this problem, does anyone know the solution yet? Has Apple even addressed this problem? I just now updated my software to 9.1, and Siri is still a mute on both my iPad Air and my iPhone 5.

siri not working after 9.1 update unless earphones are plugged in.. / Tried all versions of resetting the phone.. except restore... don't have time for a complete restore to see if it works.. anyone have any luck?

Turn Siri off

Settings > general > Siri > Off

Hard reset the device. (power & home button) until you see an apple.

This usually works and has resolved the issues I have worked with.

If issue continues a Restore may be needed.

having the same issue as described after updating to ios 9.1 on my iphone 6. siri does not respond at all, voice-to-text and safari search (via microphone on the keyboard) unresponsive. both seem to work though when the earbuds are plugged in. i've tried the general settings reset options of reset all settings and reset settings and content (restore factory settings), rebooted multiple times, toggled siri on/off, restrictions, speech, airplane mode, etc. is there a fix out there, or do we all have to see if a future update corrects this?

I try everything and nothing work until i try installing ios 9.2 beta and it works for a couple of minutes then went back to not responding at all, did any of you went to the apple store an exchange your device?

Yes, this is crap. And of course my warranty is out on my 6, since I bought it on release. What do they replace if the software broke my iPhone? Will they replace it still?

Same issue over here... Any news so far? When is apple going to fix this?!? 😠

The same problem ..after the update siri doesnt respond and any app that use the front microphone that is beside the front camera have a problem like ( front video recording) most of times there are no sound recorded just distortion !! And while using speaker in calling the otherside hear distortion too ..i tried every thing like restarting and restoring the iphone as the apple support advisor adviced me but that doesnt help!!. I hope the next update fix that ..

Something is Wrong Here! I've come across hundreds of iPhone users (Facebook) having major complaints. I was lost in Austin Texas trying to get to Emergency Room and Siri didn't know location and maps wasn't working right! I'm hearing Rumors of a Class ActionComplaint being filed against Apple. 2nd phone I had to purchase due to contract and still have another year to go on this piece of Crap!

Thank you still going to file an official complaint against Apple To many problems with phone for what we pay for it! Should have kept my flip phone

I thought it was my phone for awhile now but after reading all these comments it's good to know its not just me. Apple should be ashamed of themselves. I don't spend all this money on a phone only for it to stop working or to work if you use a headset. They need to do something about this problem immediately. I support the movement for a class action lawsuit against them if they haven't even attempted to fix or make a statement about this issue. I'm sure they see all the numerous complaints.

My Siri hasn't worked in months, probably ever since I did the first iOS update, but it's just one of those things I didn't get around to try and fiz it. My phone's warranty will expire in two days and I luckily decided to call Apple today. They told me to do everything I had already done loads, I restored the whole phone. They told me to do that from itunes and not from the phone and that should fix the bug. I wasted such a long time doing all this and needless to say it still doesn't work. It's definitely not a hardware problem, I can use face time and do voice memos. But the videos on my front camera are recorded soundless and Siri doesn't hear me. I'm fuming of all the time I wasted today and worried my warranty will run out!!