App Store in Xcode's iOS Simulator?

Hello.

I am a big newbie to Xcode since I found out it has an iOS simulator which I just downloaded and installed last night from my updated Mac OS X v10.10.5's App Store. I am not a programmer/(engine/develop/build)er. I am a software quality assurance (SQA) tester and like to test and do experiments. I want to run in a virtual machine (VM) to try various iOS apps and configurations without messing up my iOS devices. I noticed iOS simulator does not come with an App Store. How can I enable it so I can download and run their apps?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

Replies

The simulator runtime does not have an app store. It is a developer tool. If you want to provide QA for various iOS Apps that your company or clients produce, you can install them into the simualtor using 'xcrun simctl install booted /path/to/the/app' or just Build & Run from Xcode.

The simulator runtime does not have an app store. It is a developer tool. If you want to provide QA for various iOS Apps that your company or clients produce, you can install them into the simualtor using 'xcrun simctl install booted /path/to/the/app' or just Build & Run from Xcode.