cannot load app file permissions

Making a new app based on an earlier version. Compile is clean and when the simulator starts to load I get the following failure

"The file “XXXXXXX.app” couldn’t be opened because you don’t have permission to view it."

I have checked the file and the file permissions are fine -- full read/write for user (me); read only for group; read only for everyone. The group is "staff" which is normal. In addition, these are the same file permissions on other ddd.app files in projects where the simulator does load and run correctly.

I can't figure out what is wrong. O have compared the Build Settings for this project with other projects that do work but they are virtually identical. One difference is Framwork Search Paths is blank while other project have a path provided. If I do provide a similar path it gives a compile time warning that the framework file at path is missing. Doesn't seem like the problem area.

Any ideas or assistance is appreciated!

Details

The file “XXXXX.app” couldn’t be opened because you don’t have permission to view it.

Domain: NSCocoaErrorDomain

Code: 257

Failure Reason: You don’t have permission.

Recovery Suggestion: To view or change permissions, select the item in the Finder and choose File > Get Info.

User Info: {

NSFilePath = "/Users/me/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/XXXXX-ghyzcezhyezecqgdplhcjfduozjl/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/XXXXX.app";

}

--

The operation couldn’t be completed. Permission denied

Domain: NSPOSIXErrorDomain

Code: 13

Failure Reason: Permission denied

--

System Information

macOS Version 10.15.5 (Build 19F101)

Xcode 11.5 (16139)

Replies

Seem if the same issue persist when device testing...