Your app includes content that resembles celebrity images without the necessary authorization.

My app is a Movie app fetching data from TMDb API (https://apps.apple.com/app/id1507728382)

When I submit an updation version to Apple Store, it reject me as following reason.

"

Your app includes content that resembles celebrity images without the necessary authorization.

To resolve this issue, it would be appropriate to remove the third-party content from your screenshots.

"

It said that the screenshots in Apple connect is includes celebrity images and list all my five screenshots in the attachment. But I didn't change those screenshots in this new version, I just make some bug fix and add one view in this new version and they failed my app this time. So they passed it in the first version and failed it this time.

I submit one appeal to explain however they fail my app again with same reason. What should I do now? Because that is a Movie App, it supposed to contains information about movies, like movie poster image, actor's image. I could see many of Movie app in app store, they are using movie & celebrity image in their screenshots too.

Replies

Just because your app makes it through app review once doesn't mean you have a free pass. Any content can be reviewed again at any update. For that matter, any content can be reviewed at any time. It is a big risk to upload any app that is in violation of the app review guidelines.

> So they passed it in the first version and failed it this time.

The only reasonable conclusion is simply that they failed to reject your app the first time. That happens.

Unless you have some reason to suggest that you have the right to display the movie images, your original app concept was faulty. Do the owners of those images state that you can display them?

Your screenshots illustrate the problem. It is even surprising it passed the first review.

Who owns the rights to the images you show ?

TMDb does NOT grant right to use.

See here, problem is not specific to AppStore.

h ttps://www.themoviedb.org/talk/5487cf7bc3a3684151000540