AKAuthenticationError Code=-7089

When I try to use both the ASAuthorizationAppleIDProvider Request and the ASAuthorizationPasswordProvider request in my app I see the following error:

Authorization failed: Error Domain=AKAuthenticationError Code=-7089 "(null)"

If I use just one or the other Apple Sign In works fine.

Accepted Reply

Hi David.

Using both a `ASAuthorizationAppleIDProvider Request` and the `ASAuthorizationPasswordProvider Rquest` will try to find an existing credential, either a Sign in with Apple credential or a credential previously stored by the user in their Passwords.

It will however not show any UI or prompt the user to create a Sign in with Apple credential if none is found.

To present the user the option to create an account using Sign in with Apple, you should only use `ASAuthorizationAppleIDProvider Request` which will check for existing Sign in with Apple credentials and if none is found will prompt the user to create an account.

For more information on this, you can check the `Request Existing Credentials` topic on the documentation for Sign in with Apple here.

Replies

Hi David.

Using both a `ASAuthorizationAppleIDProvider Request` and the `ASAuthorizationPasswordProvider Rquest` will try to find an existing credential, either a Sign in with Apple credential or a credential previously stored by the user in their Passwords.

It will however not show any UI or prompt the user to create a Sign in with Apple credential if none is found.

To present the user the option to create an account using Sign in with Apple, you should only use `ASAuthorizationAppleIDProvider Request` which will check for existing Sign in with Apple credentials and if none is found will prompt the user to create an account.

For more information on this, you can check the `Request Existing Credentials` topic on the documentation for Sign in with Apple here.