iOS Silent notifications for iOS 13 onwards for chat applications

I want to know one concept in iOS application development. How we need to mute particular remote notifications from our application end like whatsApp application did.

(If we set some conversation as in mute, if we got any messages in that conversation we cannot get notifications at that time, set our phone network disconnected mode and check messages already stored in our application).

From iOS 13 onwards VOIP notifications are restricted only for VOIP calls. If we go with data notification(silent notifications) using Firebase, firebase it self telling that no accuracy for data notifications. In this case how whatsApp is designed for mute conversations.

I tried normal notifications with notification extension and i modified my notification title, text every thing but if i don't want to represent that notification to end user i didn't get any idea. Can any one suggest me how to achieve this?

Thank you

Replies

I'm not sure I understand your question, but if you want to send a silent push notification to your app so it can update in the background, that is documented here:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/usernotifications/setting_up_a_remote_notification_server/pushing_background_updates_to_your_app