Can I make my in-app currency redeemable?

I would like to allow users to buy in-app currency, send it to other users, and have those users redeem that currency for real money provided by money company. Is this allowed under Apples guidelines?

Replies

Might want to look into using 'tokens' in that example.

Otherwise, it sounds like a great way to launder small sums of money.

You can do what you propose. Keep in mind that you only have 70% of the initial cash payment to spread around. You can also do this:

3.2.1 (vii) Apps may enable individual users to give a monetary gift to another individual without using in-app purchase, provided that (a) the gift is a completely optional choice by the giver, and (b) 100% of the funds go to the receiver of the gift. However, a gift that is connected to or associated at any point in time with receiving digital content or services must use in-app purchase.

So, is there anyway I can enable users to give each other monetary gifts and take a cut of it?

>So, is there anyway I can enable users to give each other monetary gifts and take a cut of it?

Not unless you go through IAP and give gifts that are less than 70% of the amount paid so your 'cut' is a positive amount.

Gifts to non-profits are subject to different guidelines.