dyld: Library not loaded

So yesterday I installed iOS 13.3.1 on my iPhone XR and macOS 10.15.3 on my iMac.

Then, I've been getting this error in Xcode using any project that has CocoaPods Frameworks in it :

dyld: Library not loaded: [...] Reason: no suitable image found.

- It launches fine in the iPhone 11 simulator

- It launches fine on my gf's iPhone XR which still has iOS 13.3

- Tried different pods (SwiftSoup and GRDB.swift)

- Tried reinstalling CocoaPods

- Tried updating CocoaPods to latest stable and latest beta versions

- Tried different projects

- Tried cleaning the build folder

- Tried deleting/reinstalling apps

- Tried deleting the derived data

- Was already using the latest Xcode 11.3.1 since a few weeks

is there anything I did not do? Does it happen to anybody else?

Answered by Valrani in 404200022

Hi,

I solved this problem commenting use_frameworks! in my Podfile :

https://github.com/Alamofire/Alamofire/issues/3051#issuecomment-580003683

Hope it will works for you !

Valrani

I'm having the exact same issue with the same phone and OS. Can't find anything that will fix it

i solve the same problem today with add ",

:modular_headers => true
" without "" after each pod , then close Xcode and update pod.
Accepted Answer

Hi,

I solved this problem commenting use_frameworks! in my Podfile :

https://github.com/Alamofire/Alamofire/issues/3051#issuecomment-580003683

Hope it will works for you !

Valrani

This did not work on my setup, however @Valrani put the finger on a solution that also works for me!

Thanks everyone

Having the same issue since updating to iOS 13.3.1 today was working fine before

As an unpaid developer user, I was not able to make any of the workarrounds be successful. Apple seems to be preventing unpaid developers to use frameworks in their applications with IOS 13.3.1.

In my case I am using SQLite.swift framework from GitHub which stopped working with IOS 13.3.1

I hope Apple gives an answer to this thread.

looks like iOS 13.3.1 bug related to embedded frameworks and free developer account. I suggest that everyone files a radar to Apple.

Unfortuantely commenting out 'use_frameworks!' or/and adding 'use_modular_headings!' does not work for me.

It fixes the errors while creating other errors.

The only temperary fix that I have found is rolling back to 13.3 and this has its own complications.

This has been extremely frustrating, and not that I would mind paying for the developer program but for my project and purposes I am not allowed to pay for anything.

Same for me. Firebase is not working without "use_frameworks!". Only way is use simulator or roll back to 13.3.

I have found another fix, because one of my Objective-C frameworks wouldn't work well with Swift without being called as a framework.

After your pod, add the modular_headers argument like this :

# Comment the next line if you don't want to use dynamic frameworks
  # use_frameworks!

# Pods for SmartInvest
  pod 'GRDB.swift',:modular_headers => true

On another note, I wanted to try on Xcode 11.4 Beta 1 or 2, because they fixed so many things, but there's a compiler bug that prevents basic SwiftUI Binding variables from being compiled. I hate to say this, but it really shows Apple has an issue with software quality since 4-5 years. The Xcode 11.4 Beta cycle is useless as of now.

I've had the same problem with the flutter. https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/49504

I have the same issue, spent my entire day solving it, but there is no solution as I see. If sb. find sg. please comment below. Thanks.

This solved my issue thanks!!

FYI this is fixed in 13.4 release

I'm having the same issue and I have a paid enterprise developer account. But I'm running on a build server where I am logged in with a different (domain) account. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

I upgraded to Xcode 11.4.1 and the problem continues. 😟

Above fix did not work for me.

I am also facing the same issue when I create a Framework with CocoaPods as Dependency and add Alamofire, App i crashing that Alamofire not dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/Alamofire.framework/Alamofire
Xcode (11.4.1)
By default its creating Apps with iOS 13.4

Ironically when i use the Pod dependency of Alamofire in a iOS Application its working. Only If we want to create a Custom Framework with CoCoaPods as dependency with Alamofire its not working.

I tried below to fix but not working

1. remove use_frameworks!

Try to update xcode to newest version. For example xcode 11.4.1 and ios 12 works. The same xcode version and latest ios version on iphone doesnt install app.

Many of the answers here pertain to Cocoapods. If you're using Carthage and seeing this issue, ensure that you're setting any frameworks in your project to "Embed & Sign" in the Project Settings -> <Target name, in Targets section> -> Frameworks, Libraries, and Embedded Content section.

dyld: Library not loaded

Q