How to develop a driverkit driver for USB device on macOS catalina

Is any sample code for USB driverkit?

Replies

Presuming you're working w/catalina as an example, not at this time, it appears.

Feel free to request samples via Feedback Assistant~Suggestions, being sure to add your FA# to your thread for reference, thanks and Happy Holidays!

Thanks for your reply. I download the code from github, but it cannot compile.

And Xcode has an error "

Signing for "MyUserUSBInterfaceDriver" requires a development team, Select a development team in the Signing & Capabilities editor"

Then I disable the "Automatically manage signing" in Signing&Capabilities editor , it shows "MyUserUSBInterfaceDriver require a provisioning profile". How can I resolve the issue?

And is there any sample code for the usb network card device based on driverkit? Github seems to have only usb sample code.

Thanks in advance.

I had to change Signing Certificate to Sign to Run Locally. This resolved above errors.

But there are so may issues still there in below example.

https://github.com/knightsc/USBApp

1. Class declared in .iig is not refered by .cpp file. (I declared this class in cpp only then I got errors in SDK's header files. unknown types and Semantic issues.)

2. IMPL is giving error.

3. TYPE is not creating Message ID constant for custom

If anyone compiled above example successfully then kindly let me know your XCode Version alongwith SDK version.

Thanks in Advance..

Hi

Did you find any sample code.

Thanks

Hi

Did you solved the problem?

I have simillar problem. my team provisioning profile doesn't include the com.apple.developer.driverkit entitlement.

so I can't compile it.

Have you tried this suggestion: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/131240?answerId=415255022#415255022

I can get around the build issue, but the driver can't be loaded. Still trying to figure it out. If you managed to solve your problem, would appreciate if you can share how you did it. (I don't have the driverkit.entitlement yet)
Managed to get the driver loaded and working. Problem was incorrect values in IOKitPersonalities.
If you have SIP disabled and systemextentionctl developer on, you can test drivers using the developer certificate. See here for instructions.