App Beta Testing update from current to vNext

Hello There,

I have a 10.0.0.0 version of my app out for Beta Testing. we have a new beta build 10.1.0.0 coming up in next two days. When I submit the new version "for review" to apple, when do my Beta users get notified that a new build 10.1.0.0 is available? Is it the day the new version gets "submit for review" OR once the review is successful ?

Also, how will the users get notified:
Will they get an email OR
They will be notified thru "testflight" notifications - if it is enabled on the users phone.
Will really appreciate a quick responce. -JS

Accepted Reply

There are two types of reviewers; internal and external. The internal folks (App Store Connect users that are part of the development team - there can be 25) get notified immediately and automatically when you add a build for testing in TestFlight. The external folks (there can be 200 - they can be anonymous - there can be 200) require a review for beta testing and, once approved for beta testing, you send out an invite.

Replies

Its up to you to expire builds you no longer wish seen actively tested - testers are automatically notified of new builds available for testing....or that's how the system is supposed to work. There have been reports of testers not getting those notices, so be prepared to walk your build list and send. Be sure they're always on the latest TF Mobile app, notifications are allowed in Settings, and remind them to confirm that Mail isn't spam filtering emails from Apple out of their inbox.

As for any effect a review may have, keep in mind that only external (vs. internal) testing is tied to an active review.

ref. App Store Connect Help

There are two types of reviewers; internal and external. The internal folks (App Store Connect users that are part of the development team - there can be 25) get notified immediately and automatically when you add a build for testing in TestFlight. The external folks (there can be 200 - they can be anonymous - there can be 200) require a review for beta testing and, once approved for beta testing, you send out an invite.