Notarised app is killed by Gatekeeper in 10.15.2

Hello,

I am trying to notarise an app with many components. Up to two days ago, the app with just 1 framework included, could be notarised and run normally on my machine.

After upgrading to 10.15.2 and Xcode 11.3 the same configuration passes notarization, launches ok, and at some point during start-up displays the Open dialog for the user. The dialog works ok and it enables and disables items on the disk as expected. But the user clicks the Open button, the app closes with the following message written in sysem.log:

Dec 11 18:47:13 book9 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.oneshot.0x1000000e.theApp[27407]): removing service since it exited with consistent failure - OS_REASON_EXEC | Gatekeeper policy blocked execution

Has anything changed in macOS 10.15.2 ? How can I resolve this?

Thank you,

Christos

Replies

But the user clicks the Open button, the app closes

Does this generate a crash report?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Unfortunately no crash report (nothing shows in Console). Only the Gatekeeper message in system.log.

Christos

Please discard this thread.

Running our app under Xcode revealed an error in some @available check in one of our libraries that ended with a call to error(0). We fixed it and everything is peachy again.

I am sorry for the noise.

Christos 😊