Adding images to forum posts?

Is it possible to add images to forum posts? The UI for creating posts seems to allow it as I can drag an image in from the desktop and it shows up while composing the post, but once posted the images seems to be stripped.

Is it supposed to be supported, and if so how do I nurse it into working?

Accepted Reply

Not at the moment, but I expect it will be added in time.

I've observed precisely the behaviour you mention too, but currently images are strictly limited to paths within the domain for these forums (allowing ✅ 's and so on).

Quite a few people have been attempting to find a way around that, but none have succeeded so far...

Replies

Not at the moment, but I expect it will be added in time.

I've observed precisely the behaviour you mention too, but currently images are strictly limited to paths within the domain for these forums (allowing ✅ 's and so on).

Quite a few people have been attempting to find a way around that, but none have succeeded so far...

The new forums are still a work in progress, apparently. And while the assumption that certain features, such as live quotes, inline images and improved styles and out-of-domain link moderation are bound to happen, Apple and users here are at the mercy of the vendor (JIVE Software), which provided the last forums, and they seem to get to it when they find time meaning don't hold your breath.

Thanks for the confirmation

It's Fall, and images (detailed info from screenshots) still cannot be added inline (even though dragging and dropping *appears* to work with the image appearing in the preview)???

I joined the dev program recently and dev forum is blowing my mind. It feels like it's being run by a single person with no time to neither fix the broken parts nor to review content awaiting moderation. I am literally in dibelief that this is Apple's dev forums. Like, really?

Apple is just a user here, same as you and I.

JIVE Software made the package and apparently Apple spent coffee money on configuration. It's not broken, just least effort. Speaks volumes about how much of a priority devs really are, no?

It's over a year since the original post and as far as I can see, still no image posting. It's really strange given that these are the official Apple developer forums (aren't they?)

Add me to the list of complainers. This is ridiculous.

Also add me to the list of complainers.

Also add me to the list of complainers.

Ditto. It's really hard to describe the look of images when you suspect a bug in Xcode image slicing.

Adding means filing a bug report.

There are work around some are using by posting the image on a site.

#35319272 Althought Apple makes it very difficult to complain about the forum because there is no item or section except OTHER.

It's been 2 1/2 years since the original question and I STILL CANNOT include an image. WTH guys?

Anyone that took faith in anecdotal claims that inline images were RSN was misled from the beginning.

For details on how to otherwise cope, see For Best Results - Read the Label