Does IAP "waiting for review" status mean they are already attached to the new version?

I have a product that was previously on the MAS until June 2019 without IAPs.

Last week I submitted a new version and attached 3 new IAPs to it. The binary was rejected on review. I've now uploaded a new binary and attached it to that new version. The status of the version is now "Prepare for submission".

After the binary rejection, the 3 IAPs were confusingly showing as needing "developer attention" and after making a fake change to the description and changing back again are now showing as "waiting for review".

However, there is no longer any IAP section on the version page as there was on the first submission. So should I just assume that these IAPs are attached to the new version? Developer support are unable to tell me that they are and only see the same information I'm seeing in App Store Connect! I'm loathe to submit the binary for review without knowing for sure.

My hunch is that the IAPs ARE attached to the version and this is a result of poor design of App Store Connect for the case where the binary is rejected on first submission of IAPs. Anyone else been in this situation?