cloud drive

Hello,

I am using Catalina Version 19A578c.

I cannot see any files on my icloud Drive (using Finder). Tried to log off icloud.. relogin.. reboots.. many times.. did not fix this. Does anyone know how to fix it?

many thanks!

-Jan

Replies

From the release notes:

iCloud

Known Issues

• After updating to macOS Catalina 10.15 Beta 7 or later, iCloud Drive might synchronize for an extended period of time. If you notice any missing files, they can be found inside a Recovered Files folder in your home folder. (54046219)
  • Even when Optimize Storage is switched off, iCloud Drive might fail to automatically download all files. (50667204)

Workaround: Download files individually.

When creating a new Pages, Numbers, or Keynote document in a shared folder, you might see the message “Couldn’t connect to iCloud”. (50827963)

Workaround: Close and reopen the document.

Thank you. But this does not apply.. since I cannot see the Icloud drive, no files are visable. Only with Safari when I login to my icloud account or use a different device, ipad etc. On my MacBook I cannot see any files, therefore cannot download them, in the recovery folder is also empty.. I am stuck I am afraid.

Thanks

-jan

You should reinstall from scratch to remove all the beta iCloud settings and stuffs that went wrong.

Thanks. I will try that.. I updated now to GM.. still same issues., might help with re-install.. will try it...

I had the exact same issue. All icloud docs (desktop and documents folder, specifically) were on all my devices and on icloud site, but not showing on my Catalina GM install (I didn't have any previous beta versions installed). I left my computer on over the weekend, and this morning all items have appeared. I"m not sure when it happened, but it did so automatically. So, maybe it was just a delay in syncing. I did not manually download or anything.