Unable to Open/View Pages & Numbers Folders

I see a few mentions of inability to access files, but I don't think I'm seeing a solution. Also, didn't see specifically it were regarding these folders. The folders which Pages, or Numbers has defaulted to save in the past.

I'm unable to open the folders Pages and Numbers. I can't even see them listed usually. But if I do see it in a finder, I get an error "Documents can't be opened because the original item can't be found"

Is this a specific problem? Any solution?

I'm not even at home to connect to a prior Time Machine backup to restore, so I was looking for a different solution for now.

Thanks!

Replies

Update. I can access those from my iPhone. Listed in iCloud and I can open files from there within the Numbers or Pages app. But for some reason, I can't access the folders from within finder or iCloud. Also, I cannot find any of those files when searching.

I also have this exact same problem.

If you find a solution, please let me know!

I was not trying to use either Pages or Numbers on the iMac running Catalina but just checked - nothing visible and I know there should be a few Folders there. So same here.

Anything?

I'm seeing the same thing. Documents are available from my phone or online, but not from Catalina.

Fixed for me with this beta release today (release 7?), I think. At least the folder now shows up, and seems like all old files are there.

Go to iCloud folder and give it a few minutes to populate.