About 15 hours now since my customers start getting the error "Asset URL has expired"

About 15 hours now since my customers start getting the error "Asset URL has expired" when they try to download any On-Demand Resource on any of my apps. It has worked before and it still works fine in TestFlight (with the same App versions). How do I get this fixed? Or what do I have todo now??

Replies

If that occurs at the same time for several apps, that probably means the problem is on your server.

Are the asset URL pointing to your servers ?

Have you checked access rights to those servers have not changed recently ?

<or some SSL certificate may have expired ?

Could read here to get (limited) info:

h ttps://medium.com/ios-expert-series-or-interview-series/introduction-to-on-demand-resources-1e15ba20ee1c

Unless something changed on Apple's side.

There are other recent post indicating Asset Pack signing issue: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/122040

If I were you, condidering you have customers waiiting for a solution, I would immediately burn a DTS ticket…

I never hosted this assets on my servers. I always uploaded the on-demand resources bundled with the ipa to Apple and the apps did download the asset from there. This works for the TestFlight version even now but since last night it won't work for the release version of any of my apps.

I see in system status

https://developer.apple.com/system-status/

Program Enrollment and Renewals - Completed Maintenance

Yesterday, 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM

All users were affected

Due to scheduled maintenance, some services were unavailable.

That started some 15 hours ago.

Is there a link ?

I don't know how Apple handles the embedded On-Demand Resources internally but maybe there is a link. But in this case, it should work now which is not the case. I opened a ticket but 2 business days is very long if you have ~100 new users per day and it is required to use the app...

It may take some time before all connections are restored (may be they have to propagate DNS info, or something similar).

You could ask for a contact. They usually reply in a couple of hours.

Currently having the same issue here still!! It's so annoying that it's only the live version that has issues with ODR, testflight is fine. We have 100k+ users who can't get in.

Update, it now appears fresh installs work but people updating still have issues.

I'm more or less glad that I'm not the only one with the issue. But still waiting for Apple to reply on my ticket... I'm now at about 20 mails per hour from users with the issue - that's a absolute mess for a release version, why did TestFlight work and the release is not, that makes no sense at all. Also a very old app from me is still working (using the same code base) while anything updated this year is not.

Did you ever resolve this issue? I’m seeing the same “Asset URL has expired” error from many of my customers after my latest update, and when I google that error this thread is the only thing that comes up!

Same for me. I have searched everywhere. All users who update get this error. It is really killing us.

Hopefully, Sebastian1989101 will tell how it was solved in his case.

I was not able to solve this yet... I requested help from Apple but no response even through a TSI ticket...

Any luck resolving this in 2020? I'm experiencing this issue as well

On our last update we started getting user reports for this same error (AssetErrorDomain 6). Strange thing is we've been using ODR for a while now and only started receiving these reports with our last update. It does only seem to happen to users that update rather than fresh install and we also can't reproduce in Test Flight.

One thing that changed with our release is we finally switched from the Legacy to new XCode build system. Could that be related? I also wonder if it's just a transient issue on Apples end?

I've read some people suggest changing the tags with every release. Seems like that'd work, but it's a kinda ugly work-a-round.

Any solve for this issue on 2022 ! i have the same issue after upload my new release ??